AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Top View Camera changing to graphic mode? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/top-view-camera-changing-graphic-mode-2930598/)

rsilvers129 08-17-2017 11:41 AM

Top View Camera changing to graphic mode?

My camera is set for video mode, but often it is using graphic mode. I have to go in and change it back to video mode. Anyone else notice this?

bytebuster 08-17-2017 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by rsilvers129 (Post 25023809)
My camera is set for video mode, but often it is using graphic mode. I have to go in and change it back to video mode. Anyone else notice this?

I noticed the same thing. Its irritating to change it back every now and then

Bozman5000 08-17-2017 12:45 PM

Thats not normal, talk to your dealer.

bytebuster 08-17-2017 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bozman5000 (Post 25023858)
Thats not normal, talk to your dealer.

Seems like a software bug to me. We probably need to wait on a software update

Xing Yu 08-17-2017 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by rsilvers129 (Post 25023809)

Same here, I noticed it 2 -3 times in a week.

I guess it should be a race condition (a software bug as bytebuster mentioned): sometimes some cameras are not ready when the P button is pressed, so the top view image cannot be generated.

RickObe 08-18-2017 05:51 AM

Just to clarify, is this happening when you press the P button or shift to reverse? Not when the front sensors are automatically triggered? In the case of the latter, you only get graphic, not camera, when the front sensors trigger automatically by getting close to something in front of you.

rsilvers129 08-18-2017 06:14 AM

It could be when it triggers automatically. But I set it in MMi for camera mode. Why would it come on in a mode that I didn't configure it for? So you are saying it is a design choice? A feature and not a bug? It makes no sense. Why would I ever not want to see what it is warning me about?

RickObe 08-18-2017 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by rsilvers129 (Post 25024155)
It could be when it triggers automatically. But I set it in MMi for camera mode. Why would it come on in a mode that I didn't configure it for? So you are saying it is a design choice? A feature and not a bug? It makes no sense. Why would I ever not want to see what it is warning me about?

This has been discussed on other threads. For whatever reason, when automatically triggered, you only get the graphic on the right portion of the screen.

It's not a bug. That's the way it's implemented. It could be a design choice (more simple information in that circumstance). It could be some bizarre regulatory issue. It could be that since it's an overlay on an existing screen, it's not possible to include the camera (as opposed to normal parking mode which is its own dedicated screen). My guess would be the latter, but I really don't know.

In any case, it is what it is. I and others have been trying to find some coding to allow the camera view in this circumstance but have not been successful.

rsilvers129 08-18-2017 07:04 AM

When something doesn't make sense, that means it is a regulatory requirement.

Brimstone 08-18-2017 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by rsilvers129 (Post 25024189)
When something doesn't make sense, that means it is a regulatory requirement.

I wish that were true but its not. Plenty of things get done due to lazy engineering, budget, time schedule, bad testing, and dilberts pointy haired boss too.

Its a rich tapestry of fail.

Although to be fair PHB is better than the regulators at times.