AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

V13T 01-10-2019 05:33 PM

Matrix LED in the US

ocluzie 01-10-2019 06:04 PM

A functional Rear Seat Entretainent system. Connect iPhone via Bluetooth automatically when inside the car. Less expensive Audi Connect. Spare tire. Quiet brakes.

HGSB 01-11-2019 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lectoid (Post 25259762)
Same here. I also told my self fixing that suspension would cost a lot more down the road. I'll likely drive this car in to the dirt so I was thinking long term.

Add me to the list - I almost checked the box on the order form, but the cost of a potential out of warranty repair stopped me (I do a lot of driving and usually hold onto my vehicles until something major fails). I had a 2004 Touareg V8 where the air suspension started to fail at 110k miles and I was staring at a $5k repair (and that was in 2008 dollars). I’m sure the reliabilty improved over the past decade, but it was too big a risk IMO...

Corgiman 01-11-2019 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral (Post 25259843)
They do adopt the curves the with turning on/off different sections, at least my 2019 does. My 2012 Q5 used to have the actual turning ones and I think Q7's provide better visibility especially to immediate surroundings. I haven't paid attention to hills though. There is also auto high beams which are useful in night driving, I usually turn it on since it does a good job of toggling it quickly based on cars nearby. None of this will matter in 2020 models since they will get the matrix headlights.

Don’t hold your breath on the Matrix lights. NHTSA has, as usual, proposed standards that are significantly different than everywhere else.

MoInEd 01-11-2019 09:22 AM

- armrest storage is too small
- navigating various folders of music on SD card is slow, should have a fast page-up/down option
- I don't have audi-connect, so can't use Google map. The audi navigation system isn't as good as google.
- I have the base (not even Bose) sound system and it's terrible.
- I wish it had spare tire instead of run-flat
- An actual dip-stick for oil (instead of electronic oil level).

BigKutta 01-11-2019 09:24 AM

I wish

I wish that the auto high beams didn't automatically dip down when my speed drops below 25 mph. Super annoying. I drive a lot of dark, back roads and dropping close to 25 or below is not uncommon. That doesn't eliminate my need to see further, so not sure why Audi thought it would be a good idea to think for me. Its related to the better headlight issue mentioned earlier I guess....otherwise I have everything I wished for (since I ordered the Q myself)

hayde_bre 01-11-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by charliehereforyou (Post 25260090)
A much quieter car. How much did Audi pay the reviewers to say it's "as quiet as a vault?" My old 2013 Infiniti JX-35 WAS as quiet as a vault.

I think my Q7 is quiet as a vault.
Sometimes it amazes me how they isolated the engine noise so well. Road noise is there only because of the horrible road conditions we have here in NYC.

hayde_bre 01-11-2019 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by MoInEd (Post 25260361)
- armrest storage is too small
- navigating various folders of music on SD card is slow, should have a fast page-up/down option
- I don't have audi-connect, so can't use Google map. The audi navigation system isn't as good as google.
- I have the base (not even Bose) sound system and it's terrible.
- I wish it had spare tire instead of run-flat
- An actual dip-stick for oil (instead of electronic oil level).

So much for "one thing". LOL.
PS: Use Android Auto for google maps, it's great.

RJC 1 01-11-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25260391)
I think my Q7 is quiet as a vault.

+1
Although I'd still like a DPG option.

Polonium1 01-11-2019 04:01 PM

Space for spare tire.

Doc H 01-11-2019 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by charlesw325 (Post 25259677)

So far auto hold is the one I miss the most , I wish auto hold is on US cars .

For things possible on US cars and inexplicably missing, this is at the top of my list. Closely followed by Audi EU full auto-parking features.

russ0054 01-11-2019 09:36 PM

Spare tire
Sun glasses holder
More console storage
Tires that last longer than 20K miles
Electronics without the gremlins

Johnny Bench 01-12-2019 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by thornapple (Post 25259918)
How about storage? No center console,? not even a sunglasses holder? Seriously....what were they thinking.

They weren't thinking. Deal killer for us.

Just built and am waiting on the new GO5 BMW X5. It is not only beautiful...but functional.

Tiburblium 01-12-2019 01:09 PM

+1, a more useful center console would be great. The transmission controls are electronic, I'm not sure why they choose to put them on a huge pointless console shifter rather than just have a few small buttons on the dash/steering wheel instead.

Also, I'm not sure what the story is with the compartment under the center arm rest. The USB port is in there, yet the compartment is too small for any phone to fit within. There isn't a good place for the phone to rest on the center console either. As Apple Carplay/Android Auto requires USB connection, there isn't really a good spot for the phone.

Force-1 01-12-2019 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiburblium (Post 25260943)
Also, I'm not sure what the story is with the compartment under the center arm rest. The USB port is in there, yet the compartment is too small for any phone to fit within. There isn't a good place for the phone to rest on the center console either. As Apple Carplay/Android Auto requires USB connection, there isn't really a good spot for the phone.

I purchased a wireless charger pad, plugged it into the console USB, placed it in the storage space just behind the shifter, and set my phone on it to wirelessly charge.

mackerman22 01-14-2019 12:27 PM

Spare tire and a button to press so that it would stop eating the outer edge of the front tires. More storage for the driver area.

RJC 1 01-14-2019 12:48 PM

More torque...the new turbo motor will take care of this nicely

jibbajabbaQ7 01-14-2019 08:42 PM

I pick up my Q7 tomorrow, but I already regret not getting the ventelated seat. Nothing like having your butt cooled on a hot Atlanta day.

BigKutta 01-15-2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by jibbajabbaQ7 (Post 25261928)
I pick up my Q7 tomorrow, but I already regret not getting the ventelated seat. Nothing like having your butt cooled on a hot Atlanta day.

Dont regret it. I've never actually enjoyed it on. They are noise, and I think pretty weak. Its not something I'd miss if I didnt have it

Lectoid 01-15-2019 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25262124)
Dont regret it. I've never actually enjoyed it on. They are noise, and I think pretty weak. Its not something I'd miss if I didnt have it

Oh I love mine. Especially after the gym, dries me right off. Also on hot days, keeps my back from sweating.

RJC 1 01-15-2019 11:53 AM

Audi's vented seats are AWESOME and further adjustable via the MMI.

geko29 01-15-2019 01:26 PM

An indicator of whether the heated steering wheel is on. Also, not while driving (obviously), but factory remote start--preferably via the mobile app.

AudiFanFL 01-15-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by geko29 (Post 25262221)
but factory remote start--preferably via the mobile app.

+1,000,000,000,000:D

Doc H 01-16-2019 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by geko29 (Post 25262221)
An indicator of whether the heated steering wheel is on.

Actually you can check it pretty easily through the VC or just pushing the button. Would be nice to have a light or icon, but in BMW you have nothing except the wheel getting warm (or not).

jrjunior31 01-16-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doc H (Post 25262526)
Actually you can check it pretty easily through the VC or just pushing the button. Would be nice to have a light or icon, but in BMW you have nothing except the wheel getting warm (or not).

The GO5 has a dedicated button on the center spoke of the steering wheel now. The Q8 you can actually select certain functions that you want to move between screens. The steering wheel heating took 2 touches to control from the factory but I just moved it to a dedicated spot on the lower display for one touch operation. I’m sure the ‘20 Q7 will be the same.

PeteDin206 01-17-2019 08:24 AM

I wish I had 20"+ of snow to drive in... Otherwise the Q7 has everything I need.

rccoleman 01-17-2019 09:26 AM

Where does it show up in the VC? I also find it annoying that it's not obvious, and the only solution that I've found (other than the wheel getting warm) is to hit the button. That toggles the state and displays a message with the new state, but doesn't just tell me whether it was on or off. I often have to double-tap it because it was already on and the first press turns it off.

gsobol 01-17-2019 11:20 AM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...357dd18d5c.jpg

rccoleman 01-17-2019 11:22 AM

I see, thanks. I hadn't considered trying to find it indirectly through the energy consumers. I don't have that screen showing by default so pressing the button once or twice is definitely faster for me, but it would be even better to have an icon at the bottom when heating is active.

geko29 01-17-2019 11:42 AM

I know a message will pop up telling you that you've just turned it on/off if you push the button. Then you have to push it again if it actually had been where you wanted it. My BMW (E90 3-series) has a light on the button. It's in an inconvenient place (on the side of the steering column), but there is an amber light. A quick quick Googling suggests that more recent models have the light on the button AND an indication in the instrument cluster.

BryonL 01-19-2019 06:58 PM

Wisht I had a leather upper dash...exclusive style. Wish I’d done more research and hounded dealer more about it instead of letting them tell me it wasn’t possible.

ConservativeConsumer 01-19-2019 08:34 PM

Read through the thread's posts... and found the wishes expressed to be quite lame. I am dreaming about having retractable pizza toaster oven, just like the one Homer Simpson was using driving around Springfield. That would be awesome!

Boomerangdon 01-22-2019 05:58 PM

I have a base Prestige and I think it’s adequate. General comments
I wish the power seat tilted upward. Never had one that didn’t.
Wish one touch window controls weren’t so finicky.
Would like to have a place to put my sun glasses.
Like the HUD but all I get is the speed and some navi function.
Never use the navi. Prefer google maps via car play. Wish g maps operated in instrument cluster.
Experienced uneven acceleration in comfort mode. Set individual to dynamic and balanced and smoothed it out.
I love this suv. I particularly r like the tiptronic transmission. Slap the t handle bac to sport and go. Handles beautifully. Ride quality is very good also quiet. Very peppy.
Great vehicle.

Johnny Bench 01-23-2019 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer (Post 25264248)
Read through the thread's posts... and found the wishes expressed to be quite lame. I am dreaming about having retractable pizza toaster oven, just like the one Homer Simpson was using driving around Springfield. That would be awesome!

Total disregard for cabin storage functionality is lame? I'm not the only one that turned this car down because of a lack of console storage space, no place to put your sunglasses, super small cup holders, etc.

It's a pretty stupid design if you ask me plus the pizza oven tends to burn me pies.

RJC 1 01-23-2019 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by BryonL (Post 25264225)
Wisht I had a leather upper dash...exclusive style. Wish I’d done more research and hounded dealer more about it instead of letting them tell me it wasn’t possible.

You can get it with murillo brown interior

Corgiman 01-23-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by BryonL (Post 25264225)

Not worth the cost. And if you have that kind of cash for a car just go for the Bentayga where there’s leather everywhere.

RJC 1 01-23-2019 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Corgiman (Post 25266050)

Not worth the cost. And if you have that kind of cash for a car just go for the Bentayga where there’s leather everywhere.

No need to get a BB, it's $2500 plus you get an exclusive color and contrast stitching...not bad at all imho especially compd to the cost of other exclusive options. We are still considering it as an option but dont like the granite gray steeering wheel etc esp when it's shows it and the headliner etc are supposed to be black.

gsobol 01-23-2019 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25266060)
No need to get a BB, it's $2500 plus you get an exclusive color and contrast stitching...not bad at all imho especially compd to the cost of other exclusive options. We are still considering it as an option but dont like the granite gray steeering wheel etc esp when it's shows it and the headliner etc are supposed to be black.

That actually changed for this year. Before you had to order it with a full Audi Exclusive order, which was substantially more that $2.5K.

RJC 1 01-23-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by gsobol (Post 25266111)
That actually changed for this year. Before you had to order it with a full Audi Exclusive order, which was substantially more that $2.5K.

Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.
We're still considerig it but the brown and gray combo doesn't sit very well with the wifey.

Johnny Bench 01-24-2019 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25266127)
Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.

Don't you just hate that racket - you want a certain option but in order to have it you must purchase "the Acme bun warmer".