AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   What is one thing that you wish you had while driving Q7? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/what-one-thing-you-wish-you-had-while-driving-q7-2965329/)

gsobol 01-24-2019 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by RJC 1 (Post 25266127)
Ok, but now it's a moot point and a good deal for $2500, although they force you to order the cold weather pkg for $750 and for those of us in warm weather states it a waste of money.
We're still considerig it but the brown and gray combo doesn't sit very well with the wifey.

When I was ordering the Q7, I was really annoyed that the dash was not wrapped (coming off of GL I expected this in a German vehicle), however now I sort of gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Frankly, you are right, it's a moot point on what it was back then, but having had the experience for over 1.5 years without the leather dash, I don't know if I would get it now for $2.5K extra. Cold weather package, here in NY, hell yes !!! Somewhere down south, ahhh, not so much.

AudiFanFL 01-24-2019 05:11 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if a leather dash will be part of the luxury package from MY20 on, making it much cheaper compared to what it takes now to get it.

At least that's how Audi did that on the new A6..

RJC 1 01-24-2019 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25266267)
I wouldn't be surprised if a leather dash will be part of the luxury package from MY20 on, making it much cheaper compared to what it takes now to get it.

At least that's how Audi did that on the new A6..

They better do the upper door panels or it will be a mis match like on the Q8

RJC 1 01-24-2019 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by gsobol (Post 25266256)
When I was ordering the Q7, I was really annoyed that the dash was not wrapped (coming off of GL I expected this in a German vehicle), however now I sort of gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Frankly, you are right, it's a moot point on what it was back then, but having had the experience for over 1.5 years without the leather dash, I don't know if I would get it now for $2.5K extra. Cold weather package, here in NY, hell yes !!! Somewhere down south, ahhh, not so much.

I believe MB is giving a choice of a leather or MB tex dash on the new 2020 GLE for somewhere around $700-$1000

Corgiman 02-08-2019 01:57 PM

Lighted cup holders.

Wisconsin Q7 02-08-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25259660)
Just one thing, the biggest thing you miss... what is it?
For me, it's HUD, Absolutely miss it, beating myself for not going with Prestige at the expense of not getting the color I wanted. Everything else I can live with, but having to look away from the road to the MMI display is very distracting, compared to HUD.

More leg room for my back seat passengers like the Mercedes "R" class had

JBaumgart 02-08-2019 06:54 PM

Having had the Q7 for almost a month, I would echo what many others have already noted: more space in the center console to store stuff, and a sunglasses holder overhead.

And I realize I am probably unique in this nitpick (as the ability to play CD's and true high-rez music is fading away) but I wish they had made room for a slot to insert disks in the center console, instead of relegating the player to the glove compartment. And I will miss the capability to play and hear true 5.1 lossless DVD-A disks, like I had in the MDX. In the Q7 you can insert and play them, but the sound quality (at least in the Bose system) is the same as you would get from a regular DVD.

Wisconsin Q7 02-09-2019 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by gsobol (Post 25266256)

Hey - the cold weather package for them is a must when it's under 40 degrees !!!!

Corgiman 02-10-2019 11:45 AM

Washer for the back-up camera.

hayde_bre 02-10-2019 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7 (Post 25273519)
More leg room for my back seat passengers like the Mercedes "R" class had

Really? Did you slide your 2nd row all the way back, or are you referring to 3rd row?
With 2nd row seats all the way back, I think Q7 has one of the largest legroom for rear passengers. I doubt a 3-row focused R had more room than Q7?

Wisconsin Q7 02-11-2019 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by hayde_bre (Post 25274648)
Really? Did you slide your 2nd row all the way back, or are you referring to 3rd row?
With 2nd row seats all the way back, I think Q7 has one of the largest legroom for rear passengers. I doubt a 3-row focused R had more room than Q7?

Okay - both the Q7 and Mercedes R class had 3 rows of seats, front / 2nd / and fold down 3rd.

The R class has easily 8 inches or more of leg room over what the Q7 currently has for the 2nd row passengers when the front seats were all the way back and tilted. (I'm 6' 5" and my seat is always back.) Yes - the 2nd row seats in my Q7 are back all the way. (When I vacuum my car out, I move them forward to get underneath them and then return them all the way back again.)

I've had 7 years of driving R classes and the my 2017 Q7 does not have the leg room that the Mercedes R class has.

My Regards........

gsobol 02-11-2019 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7 (Post 25274702)
The R class has easily 8 inches or more of leg room over what the Q7 currently has for the 2nd row passengers when the front seats were all the way back and tilted.

Well, I'm not sure HOW the legroom is measured when specs are reported, but here are the specs for both:

R350:
Front legroom: 39.8 in.
2nd row legroom: 36.2 in.
combined: 76 in.

Q7:
Front legroom: 41.7 in.
2nd row legroom: 38.8 in.
combined: 80.5 in.

To eliminate issue of how these numbers are derived, you should always use combined legroom to get a better sense of available space. It would appear (on paper) that Q7 has 4.5in more overall combined legroom than R350. Honestly, when I downsized to Q7 from GL450, I noticed that the second row had more legroom than the GL. GL combined legroom is 78.8, so almost 2 inches shorter. Your perception of more legroom (8 inches) may also something to do with seating position which are markedly different between Q7 and R350.

GaryK4 02-14-2019 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Corgiman (Post 25259723)

If you use the parking brake your stop lights aren’t illuminated.

When I come to a complete stop, I turn on the ACC. That holds the car and I assume that the brake lights come on as it would if ACC stopped the car when the car in front stops.

Opals 02-15-2019 06:50 AM

More kiddos, feeling empty back there. B&O but Bose is fine.

Karen Red Baron 02-15-2019 09:55 AM

💙Night Vision

I LOVE the thermal imaging camera night vision display capability - so glad I got it! It's saved my ass like nine times already 🐂 🚙

OneOfOne 02-15-2019 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boomerangdon (Post 25265627)
I have a base Prestige and I think it’s adequate. General comments
I wish the power seat tilted upward. Never had one that didn’t.
Wish one touch window controls weren’t so finicky.
Would like to have a place to put my sun glasses.
Like the HUD but all I get is the speed and some navi function.
Never use the navi. Prefer google maps via car play. Wish g maps operated in instrument cluster.
Experienced uneven acceleration in comfort mode. Set individual to dynamic and balanced and smoothed it out.
I love this suv. I particularly r like the tiptronic transmission. Slap the t handle bac to sport and go. Handles beautifully. Ride quality is very good also quiet. Very peppy.
Great vehicle.

google maps DOES operate in the IP. how can you not know this? just select nav from the 4 display options and if you have gmaps selected as the map display, voila. google maps in the IP

Dasaint 02-16-2019 02:55 PM

Matrix and sports differential and adaptive air sport

PeteDin206 02-17-2019 03:24 AM

I wish I had ordered the super high evd sound over the B&O. While I like it, I could use a little more refinement which the music I enjoy.... the massage seats seem like a good one as well. Self parking should have 100% been available in the US Q7s.

The very last thing I would have ordered was a custom color.... i made it work with florett silver and a matte wrap , there are so many potential colors that would have been better matte wrapped.

mbr 02-17-2019 05:28 AM

Sunglass holder

Originally Posted by russ0054 (Post 25260674)
Spare tire
Sun glasses holder
More console storage
Tires that last longer than 20K miles
Electronics without the gremlins

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench (Post 25265713)
Total disregard for cabin storage functionality is lame? I'm not the only one that turned this car down because of a lack of console storage space, no place to put your sunglasses, super small cup holders, etc.

It's a pretty stupid design if you ask me plus the pizza oven tends to burn me pies.

try one of these:

i bought one of the choices tht replace the drivers grab handle and works great!

Tiburblium 02-17-2019 05:54 AM

A higher output engine option would have been nice, the 3.0 isn't terrible but it feels underpowered for this large vehicle.

Minor stuff:

- When the parking automatically activate, it should show display surround view rather than the graphical proximity overlay, assuming your car is equipped with surround view.
- Auto start/stop enable/disable should be a sticky configuration
- Gear selector seems like a waste of space and pointless as there is no mechanical linkage, should have just used buttons and had more usable center console storage.
- A configuration option to autostart night vision when the headlights are activated

ConservativeConsumer 02-17-2019 07:17 AM

I really want to have a pizza oven built-in the front dash. Just like Homer Simpson's always believed in functional equipment, so do I. Gadgets- smudgets, who needs them?

charliehereforyou 02-18-2019 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer (Post 25277549)
I really want to have a pizza oven built-in the front dash. Just like Homer Simpson's always believed in functional equipment, so do I. Gadgets- smudgets, who needs them?

Electronics without the gremlins. Borrowed this from another member.

Taking it in again for electronics issues. Will be selling soon. Electronics plus the multitude of other issues. What was I NOT thinking when I bought this car? Engine makes a pow, pow, pow rhythmic noise. Hate the "no spare tire". Lighted larger cup holders. Love how it drives and great mpg on the highway.

Going to buy a reliable and very quiet Lexus RX 350. Look for the add soon when I sell this car. 23K miles and still under warranty. Premium Plus.