AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/)
-   -   any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/rs4-b7-platform-discussion-121/any-you-guys-out-east-hampton-area-sunday-evening-driving-eh-sag-harbor-2713983/)

TicketProof 03-31-2008 01:56 PM

any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor

in a dark grey RS4 ? driving 100+ mph on the country roads out here is ****ing stupid as is passing groups of 3-4 cars at a time on double yellow lines. Consider yourself very lucky you didnt get stopped by the SHPD because i would have issued the reckless driving ticket myself.

Randy M 03-31-2008 02:31 PM

Sounds like someone's a left lane bandit. And imo country roads is better than the city.

Other than the race track of course. At least the guy's not impeding traffic like so many tards not paying attention. I say if the opportunity presents itself to get past someone who's going too slow, seize it, if you've got a car that can do it. Do it safely, and quickly, and be on your way. No harm, no foul. Perhaps a bruised ego for some but who cares. You've got to watch out for the revenue generators first and foremost though. Especially if you've got a nice car. Envy w/ a badge will nail you every time.

TicketProof 03-31-2008 02:38 PM

these are 2 lane country roads with no passing zones, this guy came up behind me at about 100mph

rode my bumper for about 15 seconds and then rocketed into the oncoming lane passing myself and the 3 cars ahead of me, he then probably hit 120mph on a 1/2 mile straight before being slowed down by another group of cars which he again passed as stupid speeds before i lost sight, i called the Sag Harbor PD but he must have turned off at some point before the village. This has nothing to do with fast car envy whoever was driving was acting like a douche and putting everyone on the road in danger so he could show off. BTW i am a "revenue generator" in East Hampton and would have had a field day writing this guy if he had been stopped.

Agent Orange 03-31-2008 03:08 PM

wasn't me - i haven't been out to SH in the rs4 yet

Bob W. 03-31-2008 03:17 PM

unless it was a fellow officer, in which case you would have let him go w/o a ticket.

am I right "TicketProof"?

VerrÜckt 03-31-2008 03:32 PM

Unless you were doing it, then it'd be cool right?

RS4B7! 03-31-2008 03:39 PM

Re: any of you guys out in the East Hampton area on Sunday evening driving from EH to Sag Harbor

WOW!

I live in West Hampton, except-

My RS4 is Muguello blue.

Not me!

GR8 Ghost 03-31-2008 04:38 PM

so your training didn't come into play? you didn't get his tags? someone passes me

on a solid yellow, I make a note of the license plate. Posting here just makes you look like a child. It smacks of bruised ego and that is all. Taking pleasure in giving out tickets is an indication that you are a revenue generator for personal reasons...and that is way worse than speeding...kinda like running without a front plate because you can get away with it. 35% Tint? Ticketproof? Was hypocrite already taken?

dg52 03-31-2008 04:42 PM

You nailed it!

Agent Orange 03-31-2008 05:36 PM

what? i'd take a ton of pleasure nailing some ass hole passing people over double yellows

Randy M 03-31-2008 07:02 PM

Exactly. Who's the douche now? Badge=insta prick...

BAEL 04-01-2008 01:05 AM

Someone named Ticketproof complaining about someone speeding...can you spell hypocrite?

rgr121 04-01-2008 05:02 AM

Don't act like...

law enforcement is the only profession that gives each other "breaks." In this case with so many witnesses and driving so reckless, cop or not, a summons would be issued.

rgr121 04-01-2008 05:16 AM

Envy with a badge???

What a ridiculous, accusatory statement. I pulled over a guy doing 130 MPH in a 50 MPH highway zone in an F430. The opportunity presented itself in the left lane and the guy went for it. No harm no foul right...until someone pulls out of their driveway and the guy plows into the car. I'm going back to the S4 board as my envy is too great over here on the RS side.

Randy M 04-01-2008 06:33 AM

Take your badge and your GED w/ ya...

Agent Orange 04-01-2008 06:34 AM

wow....

really?

are we really that bitter here?

Randy M 04-01-2008 06:35 AM

BS. You'd wait for everyone to go by..then you'd let him go...c'mon man lets be honest.

Bob W. 04-01-2008 06:39 AM

you have no idea.

I have a few friends who are in law enforcement. One of them told me a story about having to get up at 2am to "take care of" his sister's boyfriend (not even a family member!) who got a DWI...just wiped the slate clean and sent him home. it happens ALL the time.

there was a story published in SoCal several years ago that revealed NONE of any of the active members of the San Diego PD and San Diego FD (nor any of their family members) had been cited for ANY traffic violation over an 8 year period....not one. so you don't think any of those hundreds of people were driving recklessly and had witnesses? time to wake up.

S4iowa 04-01-2008 07:30 AM

I liked last year when he had a sig of a cop beating a person

that was fun...

rgr121 04-01-2008 07:51 AM

It's pretty funny...

when someone is telling you something about your own profession and they really haven't got a clue. Yeah, I believe that a cop gets a call in the middle of the night, goes to to bail his sisters boyfriend out of jail and the whole thing completely disappears. You're joking right. Was that in Russia? I guess the boyfriend was un-arrested and all the information (and audio) entered into the computer/cad system that 99% of PD's use was just erased. I got news for you guys - If you think I'm losing my $115K+/yr. job and great pension because some douche bag decides to get bombed and drive, you're mislead. I'm done.

Randy M 04-01-2008 08:30 AM

Errrrr ;)

absoluteis 04-01-2008 08:34 AM

But you don't believe officers get let off for reckless driving or even their own DUIs ? OMG

Randy M 04-01-2008 08:44 AM

Letting cops off shows me that what they do really isn't all that worthwhile nor serve society.

And they're dishonorable pond scum for enforcing corrupt traffic laws on the rest of us. Honestly, these guys spend most of their day giving out tickets to soccer moms for going 10 over. They're a giant cog in a dishonest system of state and municipal revenue generation that serves no one.

ny bruin 04-01-2008 08:44 AM

Ummm... who's the naive one here?

rgr121 04-01-2008 09:38 AM

100MPH+ on a back country road = corrupt traffic law???

Now you're talking about 10MPH over the limit and soccer moms? Where did this come in? Sure...you bash the police on this forum but you will be the first one to call them when a burglar is in your house or your 4 year old is missing. I don't think the guy whose life I saved 2 weeks ago after performing the heimlich maneuver on him views me as dishonorable pond scum. And after 2 deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq as an Army Ranger and a Bronze Star with "Valor" earned in Afghanistan, you can take that dishonorable pond scum comment and stick up your ass you self-serving liberal scumbag. I will no longer waste my time in this forum.

GR8 Ghost 04-01-2008 09:43 AM

Lets have a list of all the cops on the RS4 board or Audiworld...the ones who brag about being above

the laws that we, the citizens, created. The very same citizens that PAY them six figures to allow them to live out their god complexes. Let's have a listing of those self-righteous upholders of the civil traffic laws who relish "nailing" drivers for infractions they are all too guilty of. Ones who come to this public message board and scoff and use profanity to describe others actions as if they were above the same indiscretions. The guys who blatantly advertise their illegal window tint in their signatures and their lack of a front license plate. You want buddies to talk about cars with? Go find other cops. It's pathetic, not unlike a hyena trying to be friends with the wilderbeast. We don't want to hear about your opinions on traffic laws. On this message board, you aren't standing over us with our licenses in your hand and your wall of lights blinding us. Here we stand toe to toe...and frankly we aren't impressed. The guy who drives like an ass deserves a ticket. No one is denying that, but don't come in here pounding your chest and acting like a baby. It is unbecoming of anyone who makes a six figure salary paid for with tax-payer dollars. In fact, its insulting. Now...I'm done. To all the ethical policemen and women out there who do their job to keep us safe, my hat is off to you. Guys like ticketproof and rgr121, karma is often unforgiving.

Bob W. 04-01-2008 10:06 AM

i don't really care if you believe it, i know it happened.

Randy M 04-01-2008 10:07 AM

I'm sure you're a cop because you really care....By the way, no one likes you

Lol. Every cop I've had the displeasure of spending time with doesn't exactly ooze with a caring and compassionate nature. And I'm talking about traffic cops whose job is to generate as much revenue as they possibly can during any given shift. Those guys are freaking thieves w/ a badge, legal extortion ruining every persons day that they come across. Must feel real good knowing that they're getting up in the morning to do that, providing zero value to society. Their only worth is to the municipality they work for.

And by the way, if I were to put myself in a category I'd check the Republican box. And you can shove that up your gov't working union ass.

Bob W. 04-01-2008 10:08 AM

he should drive down to TX...I can arrange to see exactly how "ticketproof" he is.

Randy M 04-01-2008 10:28 AM

Pretty well said but disagree on just one point.

Most traffic laws have been legislated into law by the self serving gov't. I can't remember ever seeing any traffic law on the ballot. And I would guess that many of laws that we have now would not be in the books if we had the opportunity to vote on them. Do you think photo radar, radar/lidar guns, the points system, rural speed limits etc would exist if we had the opportunity to vote on them?

GR8 Ghost 04-01-2008 10:30 AM

Agreed...but it let me use the whole citizen thing which I was dying to do...LOL

So, how about that list:

Ticketproof
rgr121

Bob W. 04-01-2008 10:56 AM

fwiw, I never bashed the police...I respect what you do, but let's be frank...

people get let off all the time, simply because they know or are related to someone in the dept. i'll be the first to admit i've taken advantage of some of those relationships myself.

'ticketproof' went out of his way to post what he did in a forum that he never posts in, and he was called out for hypocrisy (by several people, as you may have noticed)...that's all there is to it. from my personal standpoint, it has nothing to do with disrespect for the law or law enforcement, per se. there are bad apples in EVERY bunch, and obviously we should all hope that there are more good than bad in law enforcement.

Vijay 04-01-2008 11:07 AM

Exactly!!!!!!!

Ticketproof would have said something like "Dude, chill out" and that would have been the end of it. Sure the guy was driving like an ******* and deserves a citation, but what is the point in posting about it here?

Most of us think that police officers abuse their power, that they more often than not break all these minor regulations and laws themselves with impunity. Whether of not you get a ticket can be dependent on whether or not the officer got laid the night before, etc., etc, etc.

Oh, and what about the cops that go barreling down the highway at 90-100mph without lights running for no apparent reason with a boatload of traffic around. Oh....excuse me, they are "specially trained" and are on "official police business", right?

I gotta stop now, my blood pressure is going through the roof.

Vijay 04-01-2008 11:20 AM

Yes we are that bitter here.....

I have had my license for 26 years. I have owned and driven many very capable vehicles on the road and on the track. I consider myself a highly intelligent, extremely vigilent, very skilled driver. There are times when road, traffic and weather conditions permit one to go fast and I have done so. 100, 120, 140, 160mph on rural open interstate. When it is snowing, wet, congested, I may drive 50mph when everyone else is still mindlessly barrelling along at 65-75mph.

Still, the "trained monkey" variety of cops ( of which there are many, sorry to say) will ticket me and let the idiots who are incapable of higher thinking go.

I have never in my life been even remotely close to being in a speed related accident, and after 26 years driving, that is not just dumb luck.

And here's another story. There was a cop doing a work detail on a road near my house. The work was being done around a bend and the cop was standing in the road. As I came around the bend, not speeding, I stopped and simply said to the cop out of genuine concern that I thought it was a little dangerous for him to be standing where he was. His response: "maybe you should just watch how fast you are driving". Need I say more?

Well, I better stop now. Some cop might read this then decide to pull me over and beat me for writing it. I do have dark skin after all.

Randy M 04-01-2008 03:30 PM

Or maybe just go home and redirect their anger on the wife...maybe shotgun a bottle of booze lol.

megacondenser 04-02-2008 05:43 AM

it's been said already 'ticketproof' but take your hypocrite crap somewhere else

Honest to god, the force must be selecting more muscle over brains than ever before.

Lemme get this straight: you thought you could use 'ticketproof' as your UID to deliver an eye-wateringly hypocritical, testosterone filled, foul-mouthed rant about (lol!) writing tickets? Posted to a forum to which you rarely ever contribute (even less than me)?

So, are we to believe you actually thought this action would be productive in some way? Seriously? What did you expect to happen exactly? "Yes, officer! Right away, officer!" ?

Frankly, people here are showing a ton of restraint by AW standards.

You must really be a badge, with that kind of pompous, blindly self-righteous behaviour. Few here are impressed. You're not a cop here, just another 'roid head with a keyboard.

Reckless driving and endangerment? Lock em up and throw away the key. No one here advocates anything different. If you actually read this forum and others on AW, you would already know that people here have little tolerance for that kind of driving. You won't find a single stupid thread about red-light kills or street racing that isn't immediately chastised by the AW community.

But you and your corrupt ilk clearly aren't the ones to deliver this message, and definitely not here. This is a car enthusiast forum. Piss off and go away.

Maybe go and snap some towels with your other funboys in the locker room. Now that's some excitement down at the station!

megacondenser 04-02-2008 05:45 AM

post of the day

Randy M 04-02-2008 07:13 AM

They're all angry but really...they just want to be held and cry in somebody's arms lol.

absoluteis 04-02-2008 08:49 AM

ROFL - RE: last line

absoluteis 04-02-2008 08:57 AM

And you call *MY* ass when u have a bullet in your chest and are bleeding to death.. arrogant ass..

No one is going after cops in general, especially when we are talking about doing their ACTUAL job: enforcing public safety

REVENUE generation should not be in your job description or your vocabulary.. and frankly when you take to that aspect of your job with such zeal it pisses off the people that pay your salary. Nailing someone for doing 78 in a 65 when a unmaintained tractor trailer is passing people in the left lane is pure bull****.