AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/)
-   -   Looking for input on Keep or sell of S4. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/looking-input-keep-sell-s4-2792106/)

Tillse7en 10-06-2010 06:09 PM

Looking for input on Keep or sell of S4.

Hey guys.
I was just looking for some input on weather to keep or sell my B6 S4. I'm looking for something a little faster and I don't want to dump all kinds of money into this thing with the minimal gains that have been produced. I just don't know. I love the car, I just keep seeing alot faster cars on the market. I was looking at BMW M3 stage 4 Dinan that a dealer ship has for sale around my way. It has 27K miles on it and has alot of mods.(Brembo Brakes,CSL Rims, CSL trunk lid, and of course the supercharger). Its a 2006 and looks mint. They are asking $35K for it. Also been looking at BMW 335s. I'm not a huge fan of the BMW interiors but I have been spoiled with the S4s already. Any opinions would be nice. I would love to buy a new S4, but its a little out of the price range I'm looking to spend.
Another question would be, How much could I get for my B6 S4. Its a 2004 Nogaro Blue with matching seats, with 48K miles on it. Has a stratmosphere cold air intake, Koni sport shocks and stratmosphere lowing springs. It will need brakes and rotors in about another 5K miles, But I only drive the car on weekends and when I'm not oncall (company vehicle use), so it will take me at least 1 to 1.5 years before I hit another 5K miles.

2005AUDIS4 10-19-2010 10:34 AM

If you really want something faster than go for a C5 Z06. They are pretty cheap now and outperform almost everything on the street.

The M3 is still in the same ballpark as the S4...and I prefer the V8 of the S4 over the M3.

xtreeme 10-20-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2005AUDIS4 (Post 24049043)
If you really want something faster than go for a C5 Z06. They are pretty cheap now and outperform almost everything on the street.

The M3 is still in the same ballpark as the S4...and I prefer the V8 of the S4 over the M3.

I agree. I owned a 2001 C5 for 8 years, and the S4 was the closest thing I could find, performance wise, for the price. But with the added benefit of being able to drive the vehicle year round now up here in the snow belt.

Show me another AWD vehicle with this performance under $20k.

1000whp 10-21-2010 05:45 PM

Its tough to find cheap AWD performance vehicles. If RWD is an option, I agree that a base C6 vette is the way to go if you can just buy a cheap winter beater.

xtreeme 10-22-2010 07:59 AM

I guess someone could put an argument up for a WRX as a candidate, but I prefer a V8.

S4Nikator 10-26-2010 12:06 AM

faster for <$35K...

Not that I'm a fan, but what about a 300 SRT8? A guy up here has one that is super charged and he left a M5 & me in the dust... until the first corner, which was the only times I could get by him. Fast & cheap... also the added seating over the Z06.
Personally, after my S4, I would have to step up into a Cayenne Turbo (Turbo S if you got the $$$) or a Panamera, but we kinda kill the budget parameters then...

Tillse7en 10-28-2010 01:08 PM

All good replys but the srt8 is definitly out. I will never drive an automatic again, or not until my knees give out. I'm not a huge fan of the Corvette but thanks for the input. Also the V8 in the S4 is OK, but the inline 6 in the M3 amazing. Now the M3 I was looking at (stage 4) would definity hold off a C5. I do love my S4 it just needs a little more go. STIs are nice but just not me, plus a **** load of people around my way have them. I'm not one to follow a crowd. Porsche is way out of my price range. I do like the mits evo and theres a guy that has one for sale with 510 awhp. This has gotten my attention but I still like the stage 4 M3. I hope this place doesn't sell it anytime soon I still can't make up my mind what to do. Sell, keep, trade, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My brain hurts.

Tillse7en 10-28-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by xtreeme (Post 24049625)
I agree. I owned a 2001 C5 for 8 years, and the S4 was the closest thing I could find, performance wise, for the price. But with the added benefit of being able to drive the vehicle year round now up here in the snow belt.

Show me another AWD vehicle with this performance under $20k.

A modded sti or evo (both awd vehicles) will smash a V8 S4. Not even that heavily modded. Just a few intake and exhaust parts, maybe a little meth and a chip. Cya S4. You can get one for around 20K used with light modding already.

1000whp 10-28-2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tillse7en (Post 24053661)
A modded sti or evo (both awd vehicles) will smash a V8 S4. Not even that heavily modded. Just a few intake and exhaust parts, maybe a little meth and a chip. Cya S4. You can get one for around 20K used with light modding already.

sti and evo are kids' cars that have no power until the turbos spool. they have the cheapest setup for huge power but mostly unusable in street driving conditions. plus i prefer not to be associated with the stop light racing sti/evo crowd.

2005AUDIS4 10-29-2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tillse7en (Post 24053654)
All good replys but the srt8 is definitly out. I will never drive an automatic again, or not until my knees give out. I'm not a huge fan of the Corvette but thanks for the input. Also the V8 in the S4 is OK, but the inline 6 in the M3 amazing. Now the M3 I was looking at (stage 4) would definity hold off a C5. I do love my S4 it just needs a little more go. STIs are nice but just not me, plus a **** load of people around my way have them. I'm not one to follow a crowd. Porsche is way out of my price range. I do like the mits evo and theres a guy that has one for sale with 510 awhp. This has gotten my attention but I still like the stage 4 M3. I hope this place doesn't sell it anytime soon I still can't make up my mind what to do. Sell, keep, trade, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. My brain hurts.

Looks like you've already got your mind made up. Does anyone else notice this guy is in love with an M3? Go for it dude! I love my V8 S4, and I bought it because I love it. You don't have to convince us...or did you forget you are on audiworld :)