AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/)
-   -   Looking for input on Keep or sell of S4. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/looking-input-keep-sell-s4-2792106/)

Tillse7en 10-31-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2005AUDIS4 (Post 24054210)
Looks like you've already got your mind made up. Does anyone else notice this guy is in love with an M3? Go for it dude! I love my V8 S4, and I bought it because I love it. You don't have to convince us...or did you forget you are on audiworld :)

Its not that I'm in love with the M3, its just a really sweet car. The car I am actually in love with is the new RS6, but it only comes in an automatic, costs way way to much, and is probably never going to come to the U.S.

kmbackid 10-31-2010 08:31 AM

You are at the top of the curve already. If you want a supercar, you will need to get the vette or higher. The M3 is sweet, but you are not stepping up your game if you get it. Some on here may say you are <gulp> downgrading! I am a fan of the M3, but if I were you I would mod the S4, buy a vette or save my $$$ and buy a porsche. Vette is the most bang for the buck out there.

Tillse7en 10-31-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by kmbackid (Post 24054658)
You are at the top of the curve already. If you want a supercar, you will need to get the vette or higher. The M3 is sweet, but you are not stepping up your game if you get it. Some on here may say you are <gulp> downgrading! I am a fan of the M3, but if I were you I would mod the S4, buy a vette or save my $$$ and buy a porsche. Vette is the most bang for the buck out there.

You make a valid point, but you are missing 1 key point. The M3 I am looking to purchase is not a stock 333 hp M3. This is a stage 4 dinan supercharged M3 with close to 500 hp. The mods for the V8 S4 (even the supercharger) just won't give that kind of performance. This M3 will run with the vettes, and even surprise some Porshes. Vettes to me just seem like an old guys last hurha. I see alot of them and all are driven buy someone looking close to his checkout. They are amazing cars but just don't do it for me. Heres an example, My father in law races at Limerock raceway near Kent in CT. He had a vette. Crashed the Vette a while back and got a BMW 330 xi. He would run that track 2 seconds faster then he would in the Vette, It didn't like the corners. But that 230hp 330 loved them. This is just an example, I'm sure that the newer ones are far better in the corners but I can't afford a newer one.

1000whp 11-02-2010 01:56 PM

which vette did your father in law have?... I have never seen a 330 beating a c6 vette, even in the twisties....

Tillse7en 11-02-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1000whp (Post 24055758)
which vette did your father in law have?... I have never seen a 330 beating a c6 vette, even in the twisties....

He had a C4, not a C5. It had some mods done but no where near as fast as a C5.

Dude I've seen mazda miatas take out C5s at the race track. No lie. Its all about driver skill on the track. But I assume that the skill must be close since the groups that go out at the same time are all the same class. I'm not trying to diss any Vettes here, my personal opinion is that they are for middle age to older guys searching for their lost youth. I want a sleeper to put them back in their place. Its funny to see a 1996 honda civic smoke a dodge viper, but would I rather have the civic or viper. Without a doubt the Viper. So I'm trying to find my happy medium between sleeper and supercar. Wow this post got a little random. Sorry.

mr_sk 11-02-2010 06:38 PM

I understand what you're saying about the STi. I had an '04 tuned to 320whp and it really flew. But, next to a vet, heh, no chance. I like my S4 as a daily driver a lot more than the STi ...

The evo is nice too - What about a B5 stage 3?
M3s are nice too - I'd save up and get a GT-R, heh.

kmbackid 11-03-2010 04:25 AM

BTW you can find C6 Z06's for around 37ish now.

obLu 11-03-2010 08:27 AM

Buy the damn 'omg it's awesome' M3 already; you're 90% there since you're convinced it's omg awesome. If you don't, then it'll just be the one that got away. And then when you're dumping money into it, you'll look back at the S4 as the one you shoulda kept.

Having the car addiction is always a loosing game. Me: 8 cars in the last 10yrs.

Tillse7en 11-03-2010 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mr_sk (Post 24055860)
I understand what you're saying about the STi. I had an '04 tuned to 320whp and it really flew. But, next to a vet, heh, no chance. I like my S4 as a daily driver a lot more than the STi ...

The evo is nice too - What about a B5 stage 3?
M3s are nice too - I'd save up and get a GT-R, heh.

No manual trans on the GT-R. I only drive manuals. The S4 is without a doubt a great car. Theres no interior like it and its very pleasing to drive where as the STIs and EVOs are more hard nosed and ruff around the edges. All the cars talked about in this thread have their pros and cons but are all great pieces of automotive machinery.

Tillse7en 11-03-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by obLu (Post 24056042)
Buy the damn 'omg it's awesome' M3 already; you're 90% there since you're convinced it's omg awesome. If you don't, then it'll just be the one that got away. And then when you're dumping money into it, you'll look back at the S4 as the one you shoulda kept.

Having the car addiction is always a loosing game. Me: 8 cars in the last 10yrs.

Thats quite a few cars dude. I'm only at 3 since I started driving which was 9 years ago. Damn 9 years. Time flys.....

Maybe you are right, maybe I should keep the S4. But if you read previous posts you would see that this is my problem. I love the S4 and can't make up my mind weather to sell, keep, or trade. I'm in a pickle. Theres no need to be sarcastic about the M3. I was only looking for opinions not ball busting. I understand that we are all S4 brothers on this site and you guys all love your S4s just like me. I'm just a little lost in my car quest for MORE power.