AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/)
-   -   OT: dont read this or drive evo as it may ruin your opinion of the S4 ;) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b6-b7-platforms-discussion-49/ot-dont-read-drive-evo-may-ruin-your-opinion-s4-%3B-2572784/)

Bergx7 02-04-2007 09:12 AM

yea you are the type of person I would want to hear from

as i mentioned in the post, the evo just felt great and was a lot of fun but im worried i might miss the S4 goodies in the long run (after the new car excitement wears off)

if only you could have the S4 with evo steering feel and throttle control (S4 DBW ugh....) and have her weigh in at about 3300 or fewer pounds...(not all over the front axle either please!)

that would be pretty good :)

Or I could pull a B5S4 forum move and just strip all the heavy, nice things audi puts in the in interior for weight savings! (heavy nice things that you paid for anyway...)

Bergx7 02-04-2007 09:17 AM

Re: i agree.. i also like the STi... not to start a flame war...

Sti is awesome too, I posted about the Sti limited a few weeks back. Great car, nicer interior (I think 85% of all S4 owners would be more comfortable moving to an Sti vs. an evo for a more performance oriented car; the amentities arent as lacking as in the evo). just depends on how you plan to use it.

UltraS4John 02-04-2007 09:44 AM

I'd consider if i was younger...

IMHO, its definately for the "younger" crowd who wants to show off the blow-off valve sound....ppppssshhh~~ Not my cup of tea. I'd favor luxery over a Mitsubishi or Sube.

Babyfoood! 02-04-2007 10:05 AM

You are smart like a Chicken. Cut your losses and go get your dream car.

I can't even tolerate sitting in those cheap, plasticky go-carts. If I had never seen a well-built car with a top notch interior like the S4, I might think the Evo was good. But not now! WTF!

Cellomax 02-04-2007 10:12 AM

See a doctor immeadiately. You have suffered a head trauma and have lost touch with reality.

AreenS4 02-04-2007 11:29 AM

well what would you have done with the grille, i bought the car with that grille and never really

knew how to get it to look right... its an oetty grille...

S4 Terrorist 02-04-2007 12:54 PM

Appreciating German Engineering...

These threads are so funny, how about instead of just appreciating german engineering. Try appreciating engineering in general.

Why is that owning an audi is becoming synonomous with being closed minded.

Variable valve timing

Theorized and patented by Fiat in the 60s

First used in Alfa Spider.

Perfected on/in Honda/Bobby Rahal Indy car

Engineering in Indy car leads to NSX in 1991.

The NSX was the first car ever to have VTEC, Variable valve Timing AND Electronic lift Control. (notice I had AND highlighted)

Variable Valve timing/Cam timing in S4

The onset of the NSX prompted Ferrari to build the F355 as a direct competitor for the 1994 year model. Ferrari's answer to NSX's vtec was 5 valves per cylinder. Two intake, three exhaust.

5 Valves per cylinder developed by Yamaha

5 valves per cylinder are in S4...

Variable Length Intake Manifold(dual runner intake manifold)

A very crude version of it was first used in 1954 in MB 300SL, thats cool. I do know that my 1990 Eagle Talon has it. Its called Cyclone. NSX got it in 91. Porsche didn't get it till 1992 in the 964 and in 1996 in the 996, it called VarioRam. That is something that has obviously been around for a while that was refined and implemented into "budget" cars, and eventually trickled up into our cars.

Variable Intake in S4

German engineering isn't the best, open minded engineering is.

This is just a few things to think about it. Being close minded is a sad thing.

I think alot of people are mistaking refinement for engineering. You want balls deep engineering, technology and innovation. Look at the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR VSPEC II. You want balls deep refinement, look at a Cadillac. Now, that 32V Northstar that the Caddy's had a while back is something to talk about as well, but I will leave for another time.

PE 02-04-2007 01:29 PM

I had to remove large wing, but had fun autocrossing the STI

Just could not deal with the STI wing, not age-appropriate for me. Sans wing the car had some stealth...but was simply not a good-looking car and perhaps looked worse without the wing. It did not have automatic up/down windows (only driver and only auto down). Manual seat controls. NO REMOTE FOB TRUNK RELEASE - that was the worst, fumbling with my key to get at trunk if outside the car. Not great on gas (17/23). However, it ran well, was telepathic in steering, clutch, etc. Autocrossing was easy bone stock, even took it to Pocono raceway for road course events. Again, though, I prefer my S4.

ruknd 02-04-2007 02:15 PM

here's my take...I love the oetty bumber but that grill with the silver trim is a bit too much

maybe paint the center the same black as the mower grille or paint the rings and trim around the grille black (there is no other silver in teh lower grille with the oetty kit.

Somehow I think one of those two things will tone the bright white and silver combo

ruknd 02-04-2007 02:18 PM

JEEBUS! you people are rediculous to think another car may be as fun or more fun to drive than

our car that doesn't have the same status. Maybe someone on the aston forum is saying "I drove an S4 the other day and it's just not as nice as our cars...the interior is inferior."

get over it