AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/)
-   -   Break Squeal Saga Continues (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b8-platform-discussion-134/break-squeal-saga-continues-2841786/)

MeehowTT 02-11-2013 04:50 AM

Have't gotten a clear answer

My brakes squeak like crazy. Started a case with AUDI Relations, told me to reach out to the dealer. What a ****ty run around.

Originally Posted by zerinS4 (Post 24406040)
2012 S4s do not qualify under the TSB as they supposedly have the updated parts already.

Nickyboy 02-12-2013 08:13 AM

My 2013 S4 has had squeaky brakes. Had the front discs and pads replaced today with 8500 miles on the clock. Just hope it's sorted it.

GR8-LIFE 02-12-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Audi55 (Post 24402636)
Same with me. After 22k miles, I was fed up and took it to Audi. My SA calls me to tell me that he needs the ok from AoA. I call AoA and open a case. It took them a week to 'study' the situation. They declined the TSB because my brakes are too worn out at this point. Told them this has been happening since day one. They said that I should have complained earlier -- so now the burden is on me. I told them there is a TSB for a reason.

Anyways, long story short, I am not happy with AoA. They refused to stand behind their product.

What happened with your situation?

you must document, especially within the 1st 24 months (the lemon law period) I discovered my 2013 A8 had very grabby brakes. Have noticed it in the 1st month of ownership. I took it into the dealer to tell them but I also said I wanted to give her a break-in period. My S4 was strange too but after 1K miles, I began to see how well the S4 stopped! But the A8 now has over 2500 mi still with grabby brakes. So I called the dealer and they said yes, "we do see you had mentioned grabby brakes awhile back." They told me to bring the car in when I have time

Egan917 02-12-2013 02:39 PM

Got the car back from the dealer who also spoke to AoA on the issue, they ended up "removing brakes, cleaning all contact points, lubing guides". Surprisingly so far the brakes are dead silent now, not sure how long that will last though we shall see.

On a side note, driving the A4 loaner made me realize just how powerful the S4 brakes really are --- nearly went flying past my side street on the way back from the dealer in the A4..

gk1 02-13-2013 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by mark_nimda (Post 24407456)
you must document, especially within the 1st 24 months (the lemon law period) I discovered my 2013 A8 had very grabby brakes. Have noticed it in the 1st month of ownership. I took it into the dealer to tell them but I also said I wanted to give her a break-in period. My S4 was strange too but after 1K miles, I began to see how well the S4 stopped! But the A8 now has over 2500 mi still with grabby brakes. So I called the dealer and they said yes, "we do see you had mentioned grabby brakes awhile back." They told me to bring the car in when I have time

A 2013 A8 with ANY issue at 2500 miles even if its the first time reported should be looked at by the dealer without any hassle whatsoever. It's their brand new top model. I would go nuts if they gave me any hassle with any issue on a $90k+ A8. But that's just me. :)

GUEST123 02-13-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 24407759)
A 2013 A8 with ANY issue at 2500 miles even if its the first time reported should be looked at by the dealer without any hassle whatsoever. It's their brand new top model. I would go nuts if they gave me any hassle with any issue on a $90k+ A8. But that's just me. :)

+1 ^

Just saw an super clean black A8 with the W12 badge on it this afternoon pulling into a parking lot I was walking through. Very quiet and really elegant looking. Too big of a car for me though, but still nice.

Tweakophyte 02-14-2013 04:57 AM

Does anyone have a recording of this squeal? I don't doubt there is an issue, and am curious how it sounds.

GR8-LIFE 02-14-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by gk1 (Post 24407759)

I didnt say anything about about the dealer hassling my A8 with my grabby brake issue. What I was trying to point out was the importance of documentaion from the moment you observe the problem. In the case of my A8, I let them know about the brakes immediately. The car will probably be brought in to be looked at soo and that is my responsibility but there is documentation that I have had grabby brakes early on.

Whenever you feel something is wrong, no matter how subtle it may be, it is in your best interest to notify your dealer immediately. You dont even have to go in. My SA and I have a relationship where when I have a problem, I email him and have him document it on my file. He documents it then within a few days, I bring the car in. In addition, I also email AoA so they have a record of it (even though they can retrieve it form the dealer). I always keep AoA in the loop, especially with recurring issues. Then I always follow it up with an email. If you file for Lemon law (like i did), you will need all the documentation you can get your hands on.

Lawaspen 02-14-2013 09:30 AM

I do, not the greatest recording. e-mail me at alan@aspen-law.com

seinsmeld13 02-15-2013 02:35 AM

It's brake not break.