AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/)
-   -   Quietest Tire for S4 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b9-platform-discussion-214/quietest-tire-s4-2971312/)

KevinGary 05-15-2019 02:38 PM

Take a look at Tire Rack for the tires that tested as being quiet.

theadamdude 06-05-2019 12:42 AM

+1 for the Michelin PS4S's. Went from Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's and it is a night and day difference. Low speed cornering on the Hankraps sounded like I was grinding on the rim. Ride has also improved with the PS4S's. Tirerack reviews shows these as being the quietest.

chych 06-05-2019 11:53 AM

You'll want to look at Grand Touring All Season tires, which are specifically engineered for quiet & comfort, without too much performance loss.

ghostrider990 06-26-2019 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by chych (Post 25326402)
You'll want to look at Grand Touring All Season tires, which are specifically engineered for quiet & comfort, without too much performance loss.

while I agree that quiet and comfortable go with Grand Touring All Season, I have to disagree with this: "without too much performance loss".

That IS a subjective statement AND observation to each person, but in my experience you will be giving up ALOT of sidewall stiffness / performance when you choose a tire rated in the Grand Touring segment.

You have to stay in the High/Max performance category to utilize the full potential of this car the suspension setup.

gr

grubble 07-02-2019 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider990 (Post 25334990)
while I agree that quiet and comfortable go with Grand Touring All Season, I have to disagree with this: "without too much performance loss".

+1 on this.

The GT tires I have (General Tire) are pretty "numb" in terms of feeling and hence makes for a nice, quiet and boring ride. They do NOT grip as much as PZeros, for example. This is possibly a subjective opinion but I had PZeros on BMWs and now Audis and they have similar road gripping characteristics.

Having said that, the Grand Touring tires are plenty fine on highway driving, straighaways where I want to accelerate fast but not worry about turning/cornering capabilities.

India Whiskey Charlie 07-02-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by grubble (Post 25337797)
The GT tires I have (General Tire) are pretty "numb" in terms of feeling and hence makes for a nice, quiet and boring ride.

My 2018 S4 came with Hankook Ventus (or whatever they are called) and those are quite numb and lack grip but are very quiet and comfortable on the highway.

MCRN 08-05-2019 05:36 AM

Mine received the Contisport 6 as OEM fitment. Note there are several versions of his tire in this size, even amongst the Audi OE designations. Mine are RO2 version.

We we have the Michelin 4S on the TT, obviously a much louder car than the S4 with a different suspension so hard to direct compare but I find both tires more than acceptable from a noise comfort standpoint for a performance tire, though it sounds like the contis are a touch louder. I really wish Audi would use Michelin for OE tires, as well I really wish they would dump Hankook (those were OE on the TT). Though I did see the Michelin 4S on an R8 in the showroom.

seasideclub 12-10-2019 05:10 PM

Toyo 4+
That's what I'm getting when I need new tires.

B9 S4

angrypengu 12-11-2019 04:26 AM

The Bridgestone Quiettrack should be your best bet, period.