AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/)
-   -   Stasis motorsport brake kit with 370mm rotors impressions (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-rs4-b5-platform-discussion-6/stasis-motorsport-brake-kit-370mm-rotors-impressions-1551383/)

Pat-SoCal 01-13-2005 11:02 AM

Hey Diego, they look nice!

The reason you have more pedal travel now is because it takes a greater volume of brake fluid to move all twelve of your bling pistons in the alcon calipers. So per lb. of force you put on the pedal, you'll get much more braking torque compared to the stoptechs. You're going to have to be subtle when you modulate the pedal on the track. How was the pedal feel when you went to grab the brake after a long straight or after many turns without touching the pedal?

BTW, e-mail me about some "stuff". I might have a cheap and immediate solution.

Captain Matt, I be 01-13-2005 11:04 AM

$3895

Toasty-Stg3::HCBP 01-13-2005 11:32 AM

Ew! I just felt my wallet pucker!

Skydive@AI 01-13-2005 11:32 AM

For the record, though I haven't been able to properly bed my Tracksports yet...

The Stasis TrackSport kit seems to suit be similarly as compared to the StopTech 332 kit I had on my Sedan. I had Poterfield R4S pads on the ST kit, and I am running the same pad in the Stasis kit.

As I said, I've not had the time or opportunity to properly bed the Tracksport kit, as I just picked the car up from IW last evening, but my initial impression is that the Stasis stuff suits my driving style as compared to the ST332 kit. Modulation is better without sacrificing overall confidence. The STs felt like a toggle switch. The Tracksports feel more like a precision device.

Both are four piston calipers with comparable rotor sizes, and identical bads and fluid.

It will be interesting to see how things feel once I've bedded the new stuff, but frankly I am so awestruck with the Motorsport suspension that braking is secondary. :)

Jason @ Streetwerke 01-13-2005 11:33 AM

Agreed. the Axxis Ultimate pad will fade with a heavy car like the S4.

No More B5 S4 01-13-2005 11:41 AM

SUPER HERO Write-Up!

Taner Halicioglu 01-13-2005 11:54 AM

The Axxis pads are fine for the street...

for AutoX use, I go w/ Porterfield R4S pads
for the track, I use either Porterfield R4 pads, or Pagid Oranges

Dont' expect the Axxis pads to work all that well for anymore more than agressive street driving :) (You might be ok w/ AutoX)

-Taner

O.W. Kenobi 01-13-2005 12:14 PM

Don't know for the street, but Cobalt GT VR Spec for the track are great pads.

I know that there are decent street options, but since I don't have that kit, I can't recall off the top of my head.

Todeshandler 01-13-2005 12:23 PM

What spring rates did you go with? I just put my OHLINS on last weekend and I

agree they are top notch. Couldn't be any happier.

Silver Streakin' 01-13-2005 12:36 PM

Axxis Ultimates are good for just over 900F. that's plenty for a street pad.

and they've been the best pad for me in my StopTechs on the street. Mintex Red Box should be at the bottom of a trash can.