AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk2) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk2-discussion-120/)
-   -   TT RS rear spoiler removal (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk2-discussion-120/tt-rs-rear-spoiler-removal-2850465/)

FLKWTTRS 07-10-2013 03:47 PM

TT RS rear spoiler removal

Would anyone know exactly how to remove the rear spoiler from a TT RS? I am replacing the original spoiler with an oem carbon fiber spoiler. I will be using the OEM supports just replacing the spoiler piece. It looks pretty easy from just viewing but I don't want to mess the car up so was just curious if anyone had DIY on how it's done.

TTRStud 07-11-2013 01:24 PM

I just purchased a TTRS that has an OEM carbon fiber spoiler such as the one you're attempting to install.

If you look at the underside of the spoiler, you will see bolts (3 IIRC) in the middle section (between the 2 legs) that you will need to remove. In addition, on the same side of the spoiler but right outside of the legs, you will see two plastic covers that are covering a couple more bolts as well. You will need to carefully pry/remove these plastic covers/tabs, so you can get to the remaining screws.

The carbon fiber spoiler should bolt right up using the same holes/bolts.

Good luck, the car looks wicked with the carbon fiber spoiler!

FLKWTTRS 07-15-2013 04:03 AM

Thanks, I knew about the bolts. I was more concerned about adhesive holding it to the support bar. If I know Audi they SUPER GLUED the crap out of it. I figured it might involve a little heat and some fishing line to remove and was trying to avoid that. :) Thanks for your reply though and hope you enjoy your TT RS ;)

Originally Posted by TTRStud (Post 24464391)
I just purchased a TTRS that has an OEM carbon fiber spoiler such as the one you're attempting to install.

If you look at the underside of the spoiler, you will see bolts (3 IIRC) in the middle section (between the 2 legs) that you will need to remove. In addition, on the same side of the spoiler but right outside of the legs, you will see two plastic covers that are covering a couple more bolts as well. You will need to carefully pry/remove these plastic covers/tabs, so you can get to the remaining screws.

The carbon fiber spoiler should bolt right up using the same holes/bolts.

Good luck, the car looks wicked with the carbon fiber spoiler!

davectr 07-21-2013 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by FLKWTTRS (Post 24465529)
Thanks, I knew about the bolts. I was more concerned about adhesive holding it to the support bar. If I know Audi they SUPER GLUED the crap out of it. I figured it might involve a little heat and some fishing line to remove and was trying to avoid that. :) Thanks for your reply though and hope you enjoy your TT RS ;)

They haven't glued it on, it's fixed on with double sided foam sticky tape (like number plate tape) It takes two people to remove the top part of the spoiler, one to lift it up (quite firmly) while the other cuts the foam tape with a long knife. The carbon spoiler then fits straight on

FLKWTTRS 07-22-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by davectr (Post 24467559)
They haven't glued it on, it's fixed on with double sided foam sticky tape (like number plate tape) It takes two people to remove the top part of the spoiler, one to lift it up (quite firmly) while the other cuts the foam tape with a long knife. The carbon spoiler then fits straight on

Thanks for the reply. :). I had already ended up trying and used fishing line to get a nicer cleaner cut and it worked. I figured I would risk it .

Eventplannerla 04-17-2018 10:58 AM

Is there a way to go from a fixed spoiler and convert to automatic on a TTRS?