AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk3) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk3-discussion-207/)
-   -   TT MK3 2019 facelift (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk3-discussion-207/tt-mk3-2019-facelift-2953697/)

Scratchyratface 07-18-2018 01:51 PM

TT MK3 2019 facelift

https://uk.motor1.com/photo/3111676/...-isola-di-man/

Not a massive change, some fiddling with the bumpers and some fake vents on the rear.
Doesn't look like much has been altered inside but it's such a good cabin already - how can you improve on that.

Rapture 07-18-2018 06:09 PM

I agree, the vents in the rear seem superfluous. I don't understand how that would be an upgrade, a change yes but I don't think it enhances the look.

I'm split on the side skirt extensions. I think they could be cool but it seems they may look good with certain color combinations. I think I would like them color matched to the car but feel that Audi will likely come out with a Carbon package and charge a lot for that.

We've not seen the RS version yet and hoping there may be a bigger difference there. Actually it looks like you can get the rear spoiler on the TTS now which would make the car look quite like the RS.

Vegas-roadster 07-19-2018 07:11 AM

Here is the full Motor1 article https://www.motor1.com/news/252944/2019-audi-tt-update/

Keep in mind that this is a discussion of the Euro models, so no one knows what the US will get. For example, the US gets de-tuned euro engines so there my not be any HP increases. The US base TT already has 18" rims standard, etc, etc, etc. I've read elsewhere that the euro TTRS is getting a significant HP increase but no one knows what the US will get. I don't expect any significant differences in the 2018 vs 2019 TTRS exterior, just the changes you see in the base TT/TTS. I expect some options will become standard as happened in the Mk 2 refresh in 2011.

The special edition "baseball" seats are a joke compared to the original Mk 1 baseball with its wide strap leather stitching as opposed to the 2019 yellow thread stitching.

IMO the silver splitter and air intake on the refresh photos is fugly.

Gbob 07-19-2018 12:37 PM

I'll probably get one, if only for a new color and (hopefully) seats that don't come apart.
Too bad they still have that crappy Bang and Olufsen stereo.

jimreaper 07-20-2018 07:57 AM

the rear vents are fugly IMO. fixed spoiler and wheels look good. I do like that blue color also.

Nebuul 07-20-2018 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gbob (Post 25182483)

​​​​​In my opinion, the sound on this car is fantastic. I have complaints, but that's not one of them.

Rapture 07-20-2018 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nebuul
​​​​​In my opinion, the sound on this car is fantastic. I have complaints, but that's not one of them.

I'm happy with the sound also, like anything it could always be improved but it sounds good to me.

ichsan 07-20-2018 11:51 PM

Looks though and takes its aesthetic cues from the R8.

Vegas-roadster 07-21-2018 10:01 AM

A lot of folks said that about the original Mk 3 design

Originally Posted by ichsan (Post 25183226)
Looks though and takes its aesthetic cues from the R8.

I guess I see it kinda sorta. Not sure the refresh looks any closer to the R8. IMO, the way to seal the deal on a baby R8 look would have been to have the R8 side blades, particularly on the TTRS model. In fact they could have been functional, channeling air to cool the rear brakes.

robbky48 07-22-2018 04:46 AM

Ugh I do not care for the plastic stuff in front. Looks cheap on an otherwise nice car.

-Yeti- 07-24-2018 10:57 AM

I dig it and also like that blue color. My dream is Ara Blue and this looks similar, but different.

Not a fan of the fake vents in the rear though.

crester 07-25-2018 12:34 PM

I don't mind the base TT styling but some the TT-S styling details seem over the top. The front corner vents seem just tacked on... my eyes can't stop being drawn to them. And the rear vents under the brake lights... once again doesn't flow and looks like they are trying too hard to make it look like a baby R8.

f1point0 08-11-2018 09:55 AM

Ugly, and especially hate the new grill and rear vents on the TTS.

silkyms3 08-15-2018 02:58 PM

According this C&D blob which seem to imply US models, both TT and TTS get 7 speed DSG, while TT sees 8hp bump to 228, but TTS remain at 292hp.

I like that Arrow Grey on the special ed model, similar to Nardo.

i3adSaab 09-17-2018 01:00 PM

bumping this one up....is anyone aware if one can pre-order the facelift model in the U.S. yet? .....my dealer isn't terribly helpful here. My lease ends late November, will have to extend lease and wait for delivery most likely in 1st quarter. One more TT lease, then I switch to EV.....

Huey52 09-18-2018 02:44 AM

Indeed. "Facelift" or "freshening" are typically not better than the original designer's intent. Rather just a marketing thing to promote/maintain interest in a model until the next major revision. But in fairness as we mod our vehicles we're doing a bit of the same. ;)

Originally Posted by porttac (Post 25211831)
I agree with that.
"facelift" when I see that word I think of Joan Rivers...don't mess wid it.

TTSWV 09-19-2018 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gbob (Post 25182483)
I'll probably get one, if only for a new color and (hopefully) seats that don't come apart.

Yeah I am looking at getting one also. I am in the same boat with the poor seat clip design and the premium audio system. My main gripe with the car is the windows freezing in the winter. Sad, because it is so good in the snow. With that said, the TTS has become my favorite of the cars that I have owned.

Huey52 09-19-2018 06:15 AM

Re: poor seat clips, my driver's seat backshell has now de-laminated which also interferes with pull tab action. Passenger's was repaired under warranty last Fall. Unacceptable, especially for a "premium" marque.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...16463168c2.jpg
Driver's seat de-lam

farmerjones 09-19-2018 07:58 AM

Looks like my lease will expire before my seat trim issue every gets perfectly fixed....rather disappointing for a premium brand, especially over an issue so seemingly simple. I guess I'm just grateful it was an astetic issue that I can't see when I'm seated and driving.

Huey52 09-19-2018 08:31 AM

More than aesthetic in my case. In both seats it hampered/s proper upright locking of the seatback as the pull tab hung/hangs up in the de-laminated plastic slot. This is a serious Safety issue in that the seatback would fold forward with you in a crash. I actually discovered it in a fairly low speed hard braking. Thereafter I was/have been careful after folding and returning the seatback to its upright position to wiggle the leather loop pull tab until it retracted and locked the seat. I pointed same out to my SA, using the 'S' word, and there was no argument with warranty repair.

Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25212817)
Looks like my lease will expire before my seat trim issue every gets perfectly fixed....rather disappointing for a premium brand, especially over an issue so seemingly simple. I guess I'm just grateful it was an astetic issue that I can't see when I'm seated and driving.

Vegas-roadster 09-20-2018 07:04 AM

Stopped by my dealer yesterday. 2019MY TT Order guide was not released with the September update. Maybe October? Delay could be caused by USA certification testing required for the new engines. Strange that orders closed so early and new orders are so late. 2018CY TT Sales through September are down 25% as compared to the same period in 2017 and I'm guessing almost half of the 2018 sales were the TTRS. This is bad because 2017CY annual sales were down by 25% as compared to 2016CY. The inability to order a TT for such a long interval will make 2018CY the lowest volume sale of TTs since 2015CY when no TTs were shipped to the US for 8 months. The 2018 TT sales average to about one sale per dealer every 2 months. And as I posted previously, there will be more TTs coming off lease in the next 12 months than were sold new so far in 2017. With low cost low mileage 1-3 year old CPOs being plentiful, the 2019MY TT is going to be a tough sell except for the TTRS. Good news for me since I'm looking for one of those bargain CPOs. I'm already seeing price drops. You wonder how long Audi USA can justify the cost of testing, parts inventory, etc.

farmerjones 09-20-2018 09:37 AM

The product planning by Audi is so messed up it's ridiculous. And they wonder why sales are down?!? Because no one can order one, price one, or even know when they might take possession. Throw in a 50/50% change there will be some stop-sale (like about every other model) and who knows when you will get your car. And likely no TT RS for 2019 because of certification issues? Jeez... The TT is an amazing car. To bad Audi can't get with the program to support it like it deserves.

I'm dying to see the colors/interiors/wheels/pricing for the 2019 cars.

ninja agent 09-20-2018 01:24 PM

I put in my 2019 TTS order today. The 2019 TT/TTS guide is already out (though no pricing yet that I'm aware of). My dealer had an allocation and submitted the order for me, with expected delivery end of 2018 or early 2019. The TTS packages are largely the same as last year, with the addition of the Competition Package (which adds 20 inch black Y spoke wheels, gloss black fixed wing spoiler, alcantara inserts on the steering wheel with 12 hour marker, and carbon fiber inlays, in addition to red brake calipers, Nappa leather sport seats, extended leather package and gloss black accents), which is only available with Glacier White, Mythos Black or Tango Red and requires either Express Red or Black with Red Stitching (which is only available on the Competition Package). Other color options are Ibis White, Nano Grey, Turbo Blue, Vegas Yellow and Daytona Grey. Really wish the carbon fiber inlays were available separately. As far as design/mechanical changes to the vehicle, it only seems to be the facelift design changes we already know about, sport displays on the Virtual Cockpit and the 7-speed S-Tronic.

farmerjones 09-20-2018 06:12 PM

Could someone post the order guide? I'm very interested in interior trim/color selection, contrasting sitting options, if there is an Audi Design Select interior or and pre-packed Audi Exclusive option.

i3adSaab 09-21-2018 05:44 AM

Agreed, please post the order guide if someone has it.

ninja agent 09-21-2018 06:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the 2019 TTS order guide I referenced. Don't have the guide for the TT, and the TTRS is not yet available. According to my dealer, orders for the TT/TTS are open, and I placed my order for a TTS yesterday under their allocation, with expected delivery late 2018/early 2019.

Huey52 09-21-2018 07:17 AM

Thanks Ninja

No longer silver paint? Would like to see Turbo Blue for comparison to 2015-18 blues.

Even fewer seating choices and rotor gray is apparently now leather/alcantara.

farmerjones 09-21-2018 08:55 AM

Thanks for posting....such odd choices in my opinion. So disappointed the interiors are just focus on all-black so much and the exteriors in shades of grey.

BlackOptic 09-22-2018 03:20 PM

I miss my TTS. (Sold it almost exactly one year ago.) Not that the 911 (bought in Feb) isn’t amazing, but the practicality / AWD (winter is coming) of TTS Quattro was pretty nice. Putting my deposit down for an e-Tron earlier this week got me back into casually browsing the Audi site, and playing with the Audi Configurators. While I like the idea of a BEV, I am not that wow’ed by another SUV... especially with BlackOptic missing out of the gate. (TTRS e-Tron would be wonderful.)

This 2019 TT facelift is interesting, if i were shopping for an RS, I’d be bummed that the TT (is this true?) and TTS seem to have many of the design elements (either as base or with the comp package) previously only available on the RS... like the honeycomb/octagon grill... and spoiler (still not a fan of those). The only real difference is one extra cylinder. (For roughly $15k?!?!)

Flipping that around... Looking at this order guide, it seems many or all of the elements (besides the extra cylinder, things like nicer stitching, carbon trim...) that led me to order the TTRS a year ago are will NOW be available in the 2019 TTS. Kinda diminishes the specialness of the RS, no? Remember when RS’s were more aggressive looking and wider? This new TTS might be perfect. And, the black Y spoke wheels are wonderful!

(Nevertheless... i like the idea of looking for a low mileage 2018 TT-RS CPO coming off lease.)

BlackOptic 09-22-2018 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25213617)
Could someone post the order guide? I'm very interested in interior trim/color selection, contrasting sitting options, if there is an Audi Design Select interior or and pre-packed Audi Exclusive option.

Weird. So, everything in the TTS Comp package is available elsewhere except the wing and the carbon trim. So... For someone (like me) who is looking for carbon trim, I can only do it with a wing. Ugh.

(Ah, the black Y wheels are only in the comp package...)

[Edit: I found the full 2019 model line order guide. There is some interesting stuff in here. Like BOP on A5/S5, but not on the A5/S5 Cabriolets ]

bill tyler 10-06-2018 02:38 PM

Pricing and Reasonable Expectations for Discount?

Originally Posted by BlackOptic (Post 25214382)
.....[Edit: I found the full 2019 model line order guide.... ]

BlackOptic, thanks for posting the full 2019 model line Order Guide.

Originally Posted by ninja agent (Post 25213784)
.....According to my dealer, orders for the TT/TTS are open, and I placed my order for a TTS yesterday under their allocation, with expected delivery late 2018/early 2019.

Ninja Agent, thanks for the info about placing your TTS order.

I'm about ready to order a 2019 TT (even though it apparently won't have 'seat memory'....lol). My Question regards pricing: would it be reasonable to think the price could be lower than only the 6% discount I should get as an ACNA member? BTW, I'm not at all 'new' at negotiating car prices, having purchased way too many cars over the years....BUT I'm not familiar with ordering and purchasing a yet-to-be-released Audi based on not-yet-released pricing!

farmerjones 10-06-2018 02:51 PM

I'd make sure your dealer actually has a solid delivery time. Lately Audi can't deliver an ordered car on time to save their life. Between recalls, stop-sales, certification delays and port holds I'd not get my hopes up on order a 2019 and getting it any time soon.

I am looking at replacing my TT with a R8, thinking about ordering a specific car. My dealer told my 2019 R8s are currently on a 12+ month wait for fulfillment. Maybe. He's not sure. A 2019 model might turn into a 2020 order. WHAT?!? It's ridiculous. It's like Audi will take your money, and they will call you when they get around to building your car. I've never seen a brand in such production disarray.

I was maybe going to order another TT to replace my current car once off-lease in 7 months. Dealership is telling me they have no idea wether I could get a car her in time. And we wonder why enthusiasts are abandoning the brand.....

BlackOptic 10-06-2018 08:18 PM

Farmerjones, is your dream R8 an unusual spec? (Nice idea, by the way.) I say this because it seems every dealer I’ve looked up, across the country, seems to have an R8 in stock. Surely someone’s gotta work with you on pricing.

farmerjones 10-06-2018 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOptic (Post 25220761)
Farmerjones, is your dream R8 an unusual spec? (Nice idea, by the way.) I say this because it seems every dealer I’ve looked up, across the country, seems to have an R8 in stock. Surely someone’s gotta work with you on pricing.

Not unusual in any way..... Simply trying to time the delivery of the R8 with the off-lease of the TT, making timed ordered a logical choice to ensure availability. Apparently Audi has currently suspended taking orders for new R8 cars, and the 2019 model is 12+ months away from launching (which at that point might as well be a 2020, right?!?? Of course no one really knows when Audi may change their minds and do something completely different, but that's of little help to those of us trying to take delivery at a specific time. Look at the delay of A8/A7/A7, the lack of 2019 order info or pricing, the constraint of RS cars indefinitely in the US.....sorry to rant but I've lost all faith in Audi to deliver product in a timely manner. Audi is lucky their product is good enough to wait for and be inconvenienced by....but it's testing customer loyalty in a big way. Of course this all stems to the financial fallout of dieselgate created by themselves.

McTTRS 10-07-2018 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Huey52 (Post 25213791)
Thanks Ninja

No longer silver paint? Would like to see Turbo Blue for comparison to 2015-18 blues.

Even fewer seating choices and rotor gray is apparently now leather/alcantara.

The interesting change in colors that I noticed is that Nardo Gray has now gone Nardo Gray metallic. While I would have to see it to make a final judgement, the thing I like a about my current Nardo is it's 'flat' no metallic and/or pearl appearance.

Rapture 10-08-2018 06:00 PM

First undisguised pictures I've seen.

https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/

Huey52 10-09-2018 02:52 AM

Looks like Mexico blue.

Originally Posted by Rapture (Post 25221507)
First undisguised pictures I've seen.

https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/

BlackOptic 10-09-2018 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rapture (Post 25221507)
First undisguised pictures I've seen. https://www.tts-freunde.de/forum/ind...ttrs-facelift/

I like the new front end, at least with more black in the BO edition... and more contiguous parts... Not sure how much I like the 'hook' of the side though.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...9fada41df1.png
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...f6947eefd6.png

Vegas-roadster 10-09-2018 08:34 AM

Well that was a big letdown for the roadster. No information on engines so we don't know if any of the US models will get the euro power bumps. No prior options now standard equipment as happened with the Mk 2 refresh in 2011 where a lot of optional features became standard. 7 paints instead of 10, 5 of them monochromatic. Cosmos blue looks virtually identical to the Scuba it replaced. Gray seats gone. At this rate in a few years your options will be 2 paint colors - black and white, with only black seats.

I'm a TT roadster fan because of its styling and uniqueness, but I can buy a much better performing BMW M240 (TTS equivalent) convertible for less money (new or used) with a wide variety of paints and interiors than a base TT roadster. I'm replacing my TT in the next year and Audi continues to do things that push me away form the brand.

farmerjones 10-09-2018 08:51 AM

Audi has completely lost touch with what it's owners want. They offer so many colors and interiors around the world, why exclude them all from the US? At least allow a special order at a reasonable price. I, too, can't see a reason to replace my TT with another, as my Murillo brown interior is about 100x more exciting than what's offered...and now an Exclusive order with an outrageous price tag is the only way to get something that would interest me. I just can't understand this obsession with all-black interiors and 15 shades of grey for exterior paint to choose from. Guess I'm gonna have to go with an R8 instead.