AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   Correct way to change oil on A4 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/correct-way-change-oil-a4-2852077/)

cpolyak 08-14-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by A4Driver (Post 24476292)
That's why I bought a dipstick, so I can have a more accurate measurement of the oil level than I can get with the MMI.

Despite what the owner's manual says, after refilling my crankcase with 5 quarts of oil, both the MMI and the dipstick showed that I needed another 1/4 of a quart.

I'd like to point out that when I get my oil changed at my dealership, the oil comes up higher on the dipstick than I allow it to get when I change the oil myself.

Which dipstick works for the 2.0 engine? I have a 2013, but I suspect it would be the same, and I like your idea of having one to verify the MMI. Thank you!

ECS Tuning-Audi 08-14-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by cpolyak (Post 24476297)
Which dipstick works for the 2.0 engine? I have a 2013, but I suspect it would be the same, and I like your idea of having one to verify the MMI. Thank you!

We have it available below.

Click HERE to order or for more information
http://c1552172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/66155_x600.jpg

Jason

A4Driver 08-14-2013 02:41 PM

Yup, that's where I got mine from.

1guitar 02-29-2016 06:37 PM

Oil Filters and Oil Drain Plugs, A6, C7, Year 2016

Fellow Audi junkies, I have often wondered about the right way to change the oil on my A6, C7 2016 Audi, whether to drain it out thru the drain plug etc. I can tell you I have been using a Shurflo marine engine oil extractor, it drains the oil thru the dipstick and it has worked fine with not one problem. The only thing you need to do is use a metal hose clamp in place of the cheap little plastic piece of junk that comes with the oil changing system, if you don't use a metal hose clamp you will find your used motor oil all over your garage floor, a situation whose cleanup you don't want to cleanup.
In any case, can anybody provide the following information for me out there. I just bought a 2016 Audi, A6, C7 with a 2.0 Litre engine and I could sure use the following torque values.
The torque value for the oil drain bolt and the torque value for the oil filter cover. Also, I notice that I see some oil filters that just are encased in a metal housing that screws onto a threaded nipple, can that be used in place of the paper oil filter that is encased in the plastic cover that came standard with the 2.0 Litre engine? Any answers will be appreciated as I am pretty much at a loss as to why on earth Audi would use a paper oil filter element in place of the good old metal encased oil filter found on Audi A6 cars up to year 2015. Thanks again.

jagtoes 03-01-2016 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1guitar (Post 24783174)
Fellow Audi junkies, I have often wondered about the right way to change the oil on my A6, C7 2016 Audi, whether to drain it out thru the drain plug etc. I can tell you I have been using a Shurflo marine engine oil extractor, it drains the oil thru the dipstick and it has worked fine with not one problem. The only thing you need to do is use a metal hose clamp in place of the cheap little plastic piece of junk that comes with the oil changing system, if you don't use a metal hose clamp you will find your used motor oil all over your garage floor, a situation whose cleanup you don't want to cleanup.
In any case, can anybody provide the following information for me out there. I just bought a 2016 Audi, A6, C7 with a 2.0 Litre engine and I could sure use the following torque values.
The torque value for the oil drain bolt and the torque value for the oil filter cover. Also, I notice that I see some oil filters that just are encased in a metal housing that screws onto a threaded nipple, can that be used in place of the paper oil filter that is encased in the plastic cover that came standard with the 2.0 Litre engine? Any answers will be appreciated as I am pretty much at a loss as to why on earth Audi would use a paper oil filter element in place of the good old metal encased oil filter found on Audi A6 cars up to year 2015. Thanks again.

The 2.0L engine was changed in the 2009 MY and now uses a spin on filter mounted on the top of the engine. You can either get a OEM filter or a Mann filter for your MY. As far as an oil change you can use an oil extractor going through the tube which used to be the dip stick tube. No need to get under the car and pull down the plastic belly shield or to undo the drain plug.

luchiniMOBB 04-12-2016 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by A4Driver (Post 24475204)
I use a Pella extractor. Works very well. Some people are afraid that an extractor leaves too much old oil in the pan, but I don't think it leaves any more than draining the oil by the plug.

In fact, last week I changed my oil and filter, and refilled the crankcase with five quarts of Castrol Professional 5W-40. After running the engine for awhile and giving the oil a half an hour to drain back into the pan, I noticed on the dipstick and the MMI that I needed to add about 1/4 of a quart more oil. That made me realize what a good job the extractor does in sucking out the old oil.

In addtion, you don't get dirty using an extractor.
http://ic2.pbase.com/g9/56/6556/2/15...0.0poM81aq.jpg

hey a4driver,

we got the same vehicle but mines got 103k miles, what oil do you recommend to use and do you change it every 1k miles?

Thanks is advance