AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   What does the symbol next to the cupholders mean? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/what-does-symbol-next-cupholders-mean-2753435/)

Toecutter 06-02-2009 03:12 PM

What does the symbol next to the cupholders mean?

On the non-driver's side console, in between the cupholders, closer to the seat there is a tiny raised symbol that looks like an open book with an exclamation point on the page. It's very small and feint, and I would take a pic of it if I thought I could get it to show up on the image. I felt it before I saw it. What is it trying to tell us? Does it mean, "Warning! You should read more!"?

Scotty (UK) 06-02-2009 03:13 PM

Sort of.

"Refer to manual"

Toecutter 06-02-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK) (Post 23798454)
Sort of.

"Refer to manual"

Refer to manual for what though? "How to use cupholders?"

Mobilehavoc 06-02-2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Toecutter (Post 23798453)
On the non-driver's side console, in between the cupholders, closer to the seat there is a tiny raised symbol that looks like an open book with an exclamation point on the page. It's very small and feint, and I would take a pic of it if I thought I could get it to show up on the image. I felt it before I saw it. What is it trying to tell us? Does it mean, "Warning! You should read more!"?

Read The F*@king Manual :D

Toecutter 06-02-2009 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc (Post 23798462)
Read The F*@king Manual :D

Of all functions in the car, why did they put it next to the cupholders? Are the Germans so unfamiliar with cupholders that they need a manual on how to insert a can of soda in the hole?

Moviela 06-02-2009 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Toecutter (Post 23798466)
Of all functions in the car, why did they put it next to the cup holders? Are the Germans so unfamiliar with cup holders that they need a manual on how to insert a can of soda in the hole?

German market cars do not have cup holders. In the peoples' view, you are never too busy that you cannot stop at an imbiss for a coffee.;)

The symbol is there because the lawyers demand it. It seems that Americans are the ones that are unfamiliar with cup holders, and need instruction to prevent injury.:)

Toecutter 06-02-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Moviela (Post 23798474)
German market cars do not have cup holders. In the peoples' view, you are never too busy that you cannot stop at an imbiss for a coffee.;)

The symbol is there because the lawyers demand it. It seems that Americans are the ones that are unfamiliar with cup holders, and need instruction to prevent injury.:)

So it was a legal CYA maneuver. I should've known.

Mobilehavoc 06-02-2009 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Toecutter (Post 23798466)
Of all functions in the car, why did they put it next to the cupholders? Are the Germans so unfamiliar with cupholders that they need a manual on how to insert a can of soda in the hole?

If you're bored one day, see if you can find other places where it shows up...that little symbol shows up in a TON of places from the engine compartment to the cabin. Happy hunting :D

Toecutter 06-02-2009 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc (Post 23798520)
If you're bored one day, see if you can find other places where it shows up...that little symbol shows up in a TON of places from the engine compartment to the cabin. Happy hunting :D

Ooooh, scavenger hunt!

mart242 06-02-2009 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Moviela (Post 23798474)

Or they don't need to constantly be drinking pop while driving which has an added bonus of keeping the driver's weight down..

You have to agree though, if you want a coffee that badly, why not take a 5 minute break for one?