AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/)
-   -   DVD Nav Installation on 4.2 06 Sline - Kufatec GmBH (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/dvd-nav-installation-4-2-06-sline-kufatec-gmbh-2604606/)

Costasz 09-29-2006 04:04 PM

I wonder if something is wrong with the antenna

Even with the puck antenna magnetically attached (it has a built-in magnet on the bottom) on top of the outside of the trunk I only get 3 sats. When I place under the shelf it only picks one satellite up. When I pick a destination near my house to do a calbration run it tells me that the calibration drive has not been done and to please do it. Something is not right...

Thanks

CZ

Costasz 09-29-2006 04:05 PM

Not so hot, read my post above.

Costasz 09-29-2006 04:11 PM

Yes, they FedExed my stuff, got here in 5 biz days

The fiber optic splicing instructions are horrible. I did not use their stuff, I used the extra connector my car had available.

CZ

a6sline06 09-30-2006 03:13 PM

Re: Install done, NAV inoperative at this point :(

"When I hit "Info" it keeps saying "Navigation not activated".
Mine does the same thing and I found that particular function only works when you have a destination programmed in and are following the course to that destination. Then when you request the Navigation information, it will give you the information you request. Don't forget to scroll down the screen to get additional information.

a6sline06 09-30-2006 03:20 PM

Re: I wonder if something is wrong with the antenna

I doubt there is anything wrong with the antenna.
That is why the detailed fitting instructions tell you to place it behind the Shark antenna in the window. The maximum number of satellites I have seen from this position is 9.
Your shortcut may turn out not to be in the optimum antenna position?

Costasz 09-30-2006 05:50 PM

I appreciate the help but I don't think so.

I even put the antenna on my driveway (extended the cable) completely in view of open sky. Got zilch. My Benz's antenna is on the rear window (attached with a suction cup thingy) and gets 8 out 11 satellires in the same location.

Costasz 10-01-2006 08:51 AM

Interesting. Did you have a problem doing the "calibration" drive?

CZ

Costasz 10-01-2006 11:02 AM

It's alive! For some reason, it's now picking 7 Satellites and WORKS!

Thanks everyone, if anyone has any questions do not hesitate to ask.

CZ

elwookie 10-01-2006 03:51 PM

Just got mine in this weekend.

I just did the install this weekend and have a functional system now. It did nto fire right up because I crossed my optics when i was slipcing them, but after a quick reference of the arrows and the diaghram, it was easily fixed. It took a few minuted to load up and then I was set.

Probobly the toughest bit for me was the fuse panel. It took forever to get out and behind. the directions were not very descriptive on the extraction. Also, I did break a few tabs when i was removing the panels, but after bending metal tabs back into place and repairing the plastic slots with crazy glue, it was strong as ever.

I have had the equipment for a couple months now, but after seeing some other people going for it, I thought I would spend some time by my kegerator this weekend and get mine to work. Congrats to those who have their installed and those to follow!

05whtaudia6 10-02-2006 11:04 AM

Did you happen to take pics for a DIY ...would be a great post!!!