AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Pre-sense... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/pre-sense-2968801/)

audibonkers 04-28-2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Yoshimura (Post 25309511)
No, it was dry those 2 days. :-(

This is happening to you with pre sense basic?

Yoshimura 04-28-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by audibonkers (Post 25309517)
This is happening to you with pre sense basic?

It only has Pre Sense Basic, Pre Sense Rear and Rear cross-traffic alert. The problem is probably the later.

The G Man 04-29-2019 10:36 AM

Aggressive driving and safety features do not mix too well.

pal joey 06-13-2019 06:12 AM

what about the other side of the coin...
have there been documented case where the system should have activated but did not resulting in some type of contact.

the reason im asking, a couple of day ago i exited by parked car to see if i had a cleared a driveway behind me.
i had mistakenly thought i had put the car in park mode.. but when the driver door closed the car began to move forward at idle speed.
i jumped in and applied the brake with just a couple of inches before it would have made contact with a parked car in front of me.

i just read basic pre sense activates at speeds over 20 mph.
i have 2018 a5 prem plus and a 2018 q5 prem plus. i was aware i had pre sense but i didnt know about what types were available.

KCTiger83 06-13-2019 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25300782)
Even after the self driving Tesla killed a woman, the regulators still have not given up on the self driving car concept. Its the sacrifice of the few for the greater good cause. As far as shutting off safety systems, forget about, Audi would be setting themself up for a lawsuit.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.....or the one"-Spock "Wrath of Khan".....classic!

Impulse_215 06-13-2019 11:10 AM

I've had my car for 5 months now. I've seen the presense alerts, but never experienced the automatic emergency braking until about a week ago. From what I can tell, it happens when you are traveling under 40 mph, and you are not touching the gas or the brake pedal. Anytime I have even slight pressure on the gas or brake pedal when the presense warning pops up, it won't brake automatically. But if I'm touching neither pedal, it will brake on its own.

duhg 06-14-2019 07:06 AM

My back-up auto-braking occurs when it senses the line between my driveway and the lawn. Most annoying.

Far more annoying is that it did not activate when it sensed my BIL's minivan and is costing me over 2k to fix. (his van)

pal joey 06-14-2019 07:37 AM

to be clear without any doubt im aware this is on me....i clearly mentioned i made a mistake, people sometimes do that.

i was just under the impression senors would detect an object and automatically brake.
because that has happened to me in the past while backing out of a parking lot spot, or parallel parking which is close to idle speed.

Slides 06-15-2019 08:49 AM

It's a flawed system by any measure.

tonysaudi 06-15-2019 03:21 PM

For people complaining about the auto braking engaging when going in reverse, all you have to do is take the car to the dealership and they lower the sensitivity of that. Very simple fix.