By Audi Media
November 30, 2012
Source: Audi Media
· The updated 2013 A4 and S4 gain the highest National Highway Traffic Safety Administration rating label for frontal, side and rollover crashes
Herndon – The 2013 Audi A4 luxury sport sedan and the 2013 Audi S4 performance sedan gained further validation of their segment-leading attributes by earning the U.S. government’s highest crashworthiness and rollover safety rating.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said the A4 and S4 achieved the coveted 5-Star designation based on their performance in the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). The 5-star Safety Ratings System was created by NHTSA to provide consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety of new vehicles beyond what is required by statute. NHTSA gives ratings of one star for the worst performers to five stars for the best models, such as the Audi A4 and S4.
“Safety is top of mind for customers in the market to purchase a luxury vehicle,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “We are pleased to see that the safety technologies engineered into these vehicles helped both the A4 and S4 earn top marks in one of the most rigorous crash testing programs in the world.”
The A4 and S4 offer advanced driver assistance systems and accident-prevention technologies in addition to a significantly stiffer and smoother body shell to protect motorists and passengers. Among the key safety features:
- Front, side and side-curtain airbags are standard equipment in every A4
- Impact protection, including reinforced high strength steel/aluminum crossmembers, reinforced bumpers and rigid occupant cell
- Available adaptive cruise control measures the distance of the vehicles ahead and sends its data to a computer that weighs the information against velocity and other road variables and applies the brakes as necessary. Once the road is safe to cruise, the A4 effortlessly accelerates back to its desired speed
The 2013 Audi A4 and S4 also incorporate many features designed to assist drivers in navigating the road and traffic while making their driving experience more enjoyable. Such features as Audi parking system plus includes a rearview camera with an acoustic warning system that helps drivers park with confidence. The rearview camera is unique in that it adjusts the track that the vehicle will take on the Audi MMI® screen based on steering input. Audi side assist not only monitors the side of the car, but also provides a warning for traffic approaching from behind.
- Discussion Forum: AudiWorld Forums
- Image Gallery: Audi S4