Wiring MAF 4-pin - please help me

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring MAF 4-pin - solved

I have a 4-Pin adapter to my MAF.

There is 5 cables which is going into the 4pin adapter.

BUT there is a 6th black cable which I dont remember where it came from that wasnt in the 4pin adapter?

Where do I put it? Where did it come from? I thought maybe that little black one is ground??

I cant remember where it goes.. anyone know anything about this 6th black wire?? Please help me!

Here is a picture of the problem.. and please dont say there isnt a black 6th cable or that is the same as the black/blue because its VERY VERY real and excists.. :P hehe

(" I Think that it came from further in (1cm) the cable but Im not sure, it has not got a place in the 4Pin adapter with the other cables ")

Last edited by Lumik; 02-24-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I do not know what to say....

you had a long post about this already and a lot of people posted there thoughts on your problem.

the "how to" post you linked to is EXACTLY how I have done this procedure on 2 different 12V's.

My advice would be to put it all back to stock...see how it runs.

THEN try again. Putting it back to stock eliminates the problem being anything else.

good luck.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Luxus Panzer
I do not know what to say....

you had a long post about this already and a lot of people posted there thoughts on your problem.

the "how to" post you linked to is EXACTLY how I have done this procedure on 2 different 12V's.

My advice would be to put it all back to stock...see how it runs.

THEN try again. Putting it back to stock eliminates the problem being anything else.

good luck.

Yes, this problem is eating up my brain...

I've now ordered a new "special" cable.. I hope I get it to work..

To own a engine which is not that common is sometimes hard, especially if you try to mod it :P

//Mad person
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

so why not return it to stock and go from there?

This is the best option IMHO
Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so why not return it to stock and go from there?

This is the best option IMHO
Haha , you want to know something..

I attached old MAF yesterday and attached the obvious 5 wires to eachother.. but I dont know where the 6th black wire are suppose to go, I cant remember it.. it just "turned up" from nowhere.. and my friend who was with me when we first started cant remember either.. its a mystery..

The car still runs like crap when original MAF installed.. So It must be the black one.. I attached it to Pin-no-3 (Blackblue).. which was wrong.. then I attached it to nothing.. still bad..

So now I need to know where 2 put it.. Its either that or its the ported throttle which is making it.. but still the black cable is suppose to go somewhere.. so I have to know where, but NO-BODY in the whole WORLD knows where its suppose to go.. strange huh?

and Ive been googling around for electric-diagram for 2 days. Been hunting the internet for answears.. nothing..

//Crycry
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK well if you still have the ported TB on there, remove it too.

What I would do is...

Put EVERYTHING back to stock, the TB, the MAF, the wiring...and anything else you have done.

your car should run just as good as it did then. THEN I would start to put the mods back on ONE AT A TIME. This way you will know exactly when the problem pops up.

This is what I would do, you can do whatever you want. This seems to be giving you big problems, so This is the best way to sort it out...In My opinion.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK well if you still have the ported TB on there, remove it too.

What I would do is...

Put EVERYTHING back to stock, the TB, the MAF, the wiring...and anything else you have done.

your car should run just as good as it did then. THEN I would start to put the mods back on ONE AT A TIME. This way you will know exactly when the problem pops up.

This is what I would do, you can do whatever you want. This seems to be giving you big problems, so This is the best way to sort it out...In My opinion.
I totally agree with you and I will do it .. but first I need to figure out where the black cable goes or buy a new cable"harnest" and adapt it to my cable.. like 10cm in so I know its good

I probably have a new cable"harnest" incomming now from another 2.8Q car.. the ISSUE can be that its not the same since it seems like my 2.8 is the only one with black cable..

but hey.. I will pray for it to fit! hehe

EDIT:: Superbad news... I wont be getting any new cable.. so I have to figure it out..

Last edited by Lumik; 02-21-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Today I changes back to original trottle body.. still bad..

I noticed that the Left "motor-fuse" broke everytime I started the car now with the black connected to Black/Blue cable..

So now I know for sure its the MAF wiring that is wrong..

Is there seriously no one who think they know where the little black cable is going to?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found out the following:

("The black wires are shields which go to earth.

See here, MAF (sensor G70 combined with G74 CO pot).

http://www.12v.org/engine/mms2xx/fwd.gif")

Is there anyone who understans this diagram and where the black wire is suppose to "earth" ?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

"earth" is another word for "ground" in electronics.

Quick Reply: Wiring MAF 4-pin - please help me