Building out a 2.7t... looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building out a 2.7t... looking for ideas

Hi. Im building out a 2.7t engine and just looking for tips and ideas. Im in the middle of a divorce and im not used to living in an apartment, so ive converted my laundry room into a vwry mini garage to keep my sanity.

I got a pair of 2.8 heads for 80 bucks a piece at the local junk yard and I have the block. Right now im just cleaning everything and painting. Ill have pics soon.

on the top end im kicking ideas around. Im probably going to just change the valve seals and clean everything real well. Going to delete the combi valve and sai. Open to other ideas too.

On the bottom end im going to do at least rods and maybe pistons. The block still has a lot of the cross hatching so im not roo worried about that.

Im thinking rs6 turbos and im still up in the air on dual smic or fmic. going to do the hemi throttle body and silicone ic hoses. new injectors and fuel rail. I dont have a lot of the peripherals so im just going to do them right as I do them. Its a long term project anyways.

I have a b5 a4 that I may put it in but by the time its done I hope to go b7. Just looking for ideas on what to tinker with.