A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2017 Power Folding Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 Power Folding Side Mirrors

Am just about ready to go for an AR prestige and try to get delivery in Ingolstadt September-October 2017. I am no longer able to find an AR nearby. I'm wondering, can the powered side mirrors fold-in as I am parking -- prior to shifting into P and switching ignition off?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oktoberfest, smart thinking! If my locals can't give me a better deal, I might see you there!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by vindaloo
Am just about ready to go for an AR prestige and try to get delivery in Ingolstadt September-October 2017. I am no longer able to find an AR nearby. I'm wondering, can the powered side mirrors fold-in as I am parking -- prior to shifting into P and switching ignition off?
You can use the mirror control **** to fold your mirrors in whenever you want. Or else, it will auto-fold when you lock your car, after the ignition is off. Similarly, it unfold when you switch on the car.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the information! I was dreading having that question stuck in my head. I just have to decide on my headliner color and inlay option to go with the black ventilated sport seats (perhaps another thread) and then I'm good to go.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Can I ask a newbie question out of curiosity? What is the advantage of a European delivery over a traditional dealer sourced and bought car?
Old 03-18-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Vacation?
Old 03-18-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bob m
Can I ask a newbie question out of curiosity? What is the advantage of a European delivery over a traditional dealer sourced and bought car?
You get to drive your car on the Autobahn if you so wish. Plus a mini-vacation.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two things. Confirming you can fold the mirrors at any time using the mirror control, it's the next clock-wise click on the mirror control after the right mirror adjustment. Auto-fold when you cut the ignition is an option on the Vehicle Settings menu. I have mine disabled.

On the European delivery and driving the Autobahn, am I the only ****-retentive on this board who slavishly kept the engine RPM down during the first 1000 miles (per owner's manual)?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fortunate1
On the European delivery and driving the Autobahn, am I the only ****-retentive on this board who slavishly kept the engine RPM down during the first 1000 miles (per owner's manual)?
There are two schools of thought when it comes to running/breaking in an engine. One is where they say keep the rpms low. The other is where they say keep varying the rpms but don't keep it low. (That's just a rough explanation; proper methods can be found using google)

I'm a fan of the second method. I've broken in all my cars by the second method and none of my cars have had any problems whatsoever. Which is why I follow it. But since owners manuals mention the first method, that will work too. To each his own.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I took euro delivery for my A3 TDI back in 2010. Back then I got 6% off retail which isn't much, but being able to drive the TDI on the autobahn (and the mountain roads in switzerland/italy) for two weeks was worth it. That and seeing your car with 000001 on the odometer. It makes you wonder why an AR straight off the truck already has 9 miles on it.

Quick Reply: 2017 Power Folding Side Mirrors