A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating

A big thanks to Phil Yiu and crew at Detailer's Domain for a job well done - judging from the pics and his reputation. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow morning. Too darn bad it's going be snowing on Thursday!
Attached Thumbnails Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating-img_7598.jpg   Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating-img_7599.jpg   Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating-img_7600-1-.jpg   Allroad done with Xpel and Nanolex Coating-img_7602.jpg  
Old 02-07-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. The color really pops.

Bob, how did you find our that DD does Nanolex? I went to the Nanolex website to find an installer near me, and nothing came up when I clicked on "Detailers", it was blank.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Looks great. The color really pops.

Bob, how did you find our that DD does Nanolex? I went to the Nanolex website to find an installer near me, and nothing came up when I clicked on "Detailers", it was blank.
Thanks. I have corresponded with Phil over a couple of years and was interested in working with him; he's meticulous, down to earth and straightforward. This is what he is currently using so I went with it. Hmmn, try posting on one of the pro detailing forums? Or maybe send Phil an email or call?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
Thanks. I have corresponded with Phil over a couple of years and was interested in working with him; he's meticulous, down to earth and straightforward. This is what he is currently using so I went with it. Hmmn, try posting on one of the pro detailing forums? Or maybe send Phil an email or call?
Thanks for the information. ..
Old 01-09-2018, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Did they put xpel on the entire hood and flares? I'm looking to get this done but i'm being told that xpel doesn't make a full hood coverage sheet because the car is too wide?
Can you elaborate on exactly where the xpel clear bra went on? And can you see lines anywhere? Thanks!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
Did they put xpel on the entire hood and flares? I'm looking to get this done but i'm being told that xpel doesn't make a full hood coverage sheet because the car is too wide?
Can you elaborate on exactly where the xpel clear bra went on? And can you see lines anywhere? Thanks!
I had Xpel placed on hood front bumpers and fenders, mirrors, A columns and front part of roof. I don't think that is true on the Allroad hood as it was the case with the Macan. Undetectable on the hood, barely noticeable on the roof.