A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Cargo Cover Switchable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cargo Cover Switchable?

So I finally managed to decide on a build (Prestige, Glacier White full paint, rock gray / black interior, gray oak inlays), and am doing European delivery - despite the waiting, I think it should be well worth the experience.

Now, I have a dog that currently rides in the back of my Jetta Sportwagen, and it works well because I just leave the cargo cover retracted and there's plenty of room. Same thing goes when I have awkward shaped (e.g. tall) cargo to load in there.

When I looked at an Allroad in a local dealer, I noticed that the electric cargo cover extends (closes) automatically as the rear hatch is closed. Is there any way to disable this temporarily? Does it sense if there is something in the way and stop?
What happens if you want to put a tall package in there, for example?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just pull it out of the track and retract it. It works just like a regular cover. The electronic assistance is just that.

Last edited by wdimagineer; 03-04-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks - you mean it can be left in place and just extract the rear-most nubs from whatever pulls them back and forth? If that makes sense?
Old 03-04-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's correct. The nubs just clip into the track embedded inside the d-pillar. You can pop it out and manually retract it for the uses you described. It is also completely removable, along with the vertical net.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

To be honest, the cargo cover is the first thing I remove from a new long roof car, and generally don't use it again until I return the car. Actually, I started getting ready to turn my Jetta SW in this morning, and I put my cover back in.

I feel like the covers take up to much space, and since I am folding down my seats several times a month, the cover housing is just a nuisance.

The Allroad has privacy glass, which pretty much hides whatever is back there anyway.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dog divider

in case you're interested, travall.com carries a barrier that fills the space between the ceiling and the top of the back seats. I ordered one and it's pretty good quality. Now all I need is my car to be built.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the tip! I had their rubber mat for my Mk7 Golf R as VW themselves didn't make one that fit the load floor in that car properly. It was top rate, and significantly better than the cheap, overpriced, utterly terrible excuse for a product the Audi mat is. I hope they come up with an actual mat at some point.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually, they do! I did not see this on previous visits, and oddly gets hidden by some terribly executed code on their site.

https://www.travall.com/en-us/audi/t...-liner-tbm1141

I *highly* recommend their products.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, their website is not the greatest. I ended up ordering from their U.K. site because the US site would not let me place an order. Probably ended up being the same price and it arrived within less than a week.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
Actually, they do! I did not see this on previous visits, and oddly gets hidden by some terribly executed code on their site.

https://www.travall.com/en-us/audi/t...-liner-tbm1141

I *highly* recommend their products.
Vanilla scented?!?!

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover Switchable?