A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Driving position versus B8 allroad? Same? Higher?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driving position versus B8 allroad? Same? Higher?

My wife would be coming from a Q5, in which she enjoys the height. My B8 Avant s-line is way too low for her, but I'm thinking this might be closer to the q?

Also interested to hear if folks feel the cargo area is any bigger in real life usage, particularly for dogs?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2016, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pierreb
My wife would be coming from a Q5, in which she enjoys the height. My B8 Avant s-line is way too low for her, but I'm thinking this might be closer to the q?

Also interested to hear if folks feel the cargo area is any bigger in real life usage, particularly for dogs?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Does your wife like the driving position of the Q5 (more upright), is she looking for height when getting in and out, or is she looking for ground clearance and being higher compared with other vehicles.

I came from a B7 Avant with a sport suspension which is pretty low. The B9 allroad sits a few inches higher in comparison, and the folks who thought my previous car was too low to get out of easily seem to be happier with this one. However, you should pay attention to the width of the door sill when you drive one as it's pretty wide and might be an issue if you wife has shorter legs or tends to get the back of her legs dirty on other cars.

As for the dogs, I'd say it depends on the size. My 100# lab doesn't even try to jump in the back and I'd only carry him back there in an emergency. The slope of the roof doesn't leave enough room for him to stand up and turn around with the hatch closed. If he were smaller there's actually quite a bit of floor space he could use. When I measured it, the distance between the hatch and the bottom of the rear seats is longer than my B7 Avant but the distance to the hatch at the top of the seats is quite a bit shorter.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:17 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot for the feedback. It was mostly the driving position that she enjoyed. We drove the B9 allroad and then bought a 2017 Q7.

I am happily keeping my B8 Avant though