A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotland
There are fog lights front and rear on all trims of the Allroad. They are just more integrated than the previous model.
I don't think I would refer to the front lights in the B9 as fog lights. They are more akin to cornering lights given that they illuminate from about 45 deg from the front to about 90 deg back and are automatically activated when cornering at low speed. I know Audi likes to think of them as fog lights and there's a manual switch that's used to control real fog lights, but they don't fill the same function.

That said, the main beams, at least with the LED headlights, are quite wide and probably eliminate the need for dedicated fog lights.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasiamon
I would be grateful if you were able to share the DAP Grill Part #'s - really appreciate it. Also, I wouldn't be mad in the least if you checked for the Black Optics DAP Grill Part #'s at the same time. That would be perfecto! I wonder if the Allroad grills are different and if they even make Black Optics stuff for them.
Those are 8W0807681Q (left) and 8W0807682Q (right). The only other available option for those are "satin black", add 9B9 to the end of the part numbers. FUQ I believe is the suffix for black optics but it doesn't exist in the parts catalog here, at least for the AR. You could try retrofitting the front end from the B9 sedan if you really wanted black optics stuff, the hardware behind the bumper cover looks the same between the sedan and AR.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by breadbooze
Those are 8W0807681Q (left) and 8W0807682Q (right). The only other available option for those are "satin black", add 9B9 to the end of the part numbers. FUQ I believe is the suffix for black optics but it doesn't exist in the parts catalog here, at least for the AR. You could try retrofitting the front end from the B9 sedan if you really wanted black optics stuff, the hardware behind the bumper cover looks the same between the sedan and AR.
9B9 isn't an option. It's the only color the part is available in. Don't share things from the parts catalog (and a bootleg one at that) if you don't know how to read it.

There are no black optics parts for the allroad. Black window trim and roof rails/rocker panels are standard elsewhere but aren't glossy. Audi forces the silver appearance on US cars.

The front ends are swappable. I thought about un-allroading my car but then I couldn't run such large wheels.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
9B9 isn't an option. It's the only color the part is available in. Don't share things from the parts catalog (and a bootleg one at that) if you don't know how to read it.

There are no black optics parts for the allroad. Black window trim and roof rails/rocker panels are standard elsewhere but aren't glossy. Audi forces the silver appearance on US cars.

The front ends are swappable. I thought about un-allroading my car but then I couldn't run such large wheels.
Thanks. I didn't think there was a Black Optics package for the Allroad but figured I could be mistaken. I will just order the DAP grills and go from there.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I didn't think there was a Black Optics package for the Allroad but figured I could be mistaken. I will just order the DAP grills and go from there.
What color is your car?
Old 03-14-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

What color is your car?
Well, I'm way ahead of myself here seeing as I haven't even ordered it yet (waiting for 2018 order sheet) but my Allroad will be a Mythos Black Full paint. Going for more of the Avant look than Allroad look.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I'm way ahead of myself here seeing as I haven't even ordered it yet (waiting for 2018 order sheet) but my Allroad will be a Mythos Black Full paint. Going for more of the Avant look than Allroad look.
I totally appreciate that!

In Europe, the Full Paint finish option automatically forces the Aluminium Look exterior.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I totally appreciate that!

In Europe, the Full Paint finish option automatically forces the Aluminium Look exterior.
I would prefer Brilliant Black but no full finish. I will make due. My basic premise looks wise is to "tone down the chrome" - not murder the thing out mind you but tastefully scale back on the chrome and aluminum details a bit. To me the chrome trim works better on non black vehicles, but that's just my opinion and the way I want to take things. Lots of other goodies in the works as well.
I love what you've done with your Got Green Allroad so far man - really looking great. You seem to obviously really know what you're doing as well. Thoughts on retro fitting some fogs like I'm talking about? Do-able? Crazy talk? curious what you think.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing is impossible. The adaptive cruise control radar modules mount to the bumper. The fog lights on the B8/8.5 did, too. It could be possible to adapt the radar sensor mounting plates (8W0907573 and 8W0907574) to hold a lamp instead.

You'll need a physical switch to operate the lights. On this platform, lighting is now digitally controlled by the vehicle bus. There are many spaces to stash it though, so that shouldn't be an issue.

An alternate approach would be to try and integrate some kind of LED lightbar (or two) behind the grille yet in front of the radiator. It might not be easy finding fog lights of a diameter suitable to fit inside the radar housing, leaving a gap. This solution lets you order a DAP car (if you wish) and still have the added benefit of extra lighting.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing is impossible. The adaptive cruise control radar modules mount to the bumper. The fog lights on the B8/8.5 did, too. It could be possible to adapt the radar sensor mounting plates (8W0907573 and 8W0907574) to hold a lamp instead.
I agree. There should be a way to make it work. The key will be to accomplish this and have it look OEM (well, without it actually being OEM...you know what I mean). Looking forward to start the tinkering and research process.

You'll need a physical switch to operate the lights. On this platform, lighting is now digitally controlled by the vehicle bus. There are many spaces to stash it though, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Ya, plan was to have a separate switch from the beginning. Much easier process. Going to see what I can dig up. Maybe find some sort of OEM switch that exists I can re-purpose for this use and mount right under the euro switch. Need to explore.

An alternate approach would be to try and integrate some kind of LED lightbar (or two) behind the grille yet in front of the radiator. It might not be easy finding fog lights of a diameter suitable to fit inside the radar housing, leaving a gap. This solution lets you order a DAP car (if you wish) and still have the added benefit of extra lighting.
I had thought about something like this as well initially (using Golf R LED "Fogs" or the like) mounted in some sort of way but to be honest I really like the look of yellow bulb fogs on a black vehicle so I think I'm going to try my best to make that happen.

Appreciate your thoughts on the topic!!!

Quick Reply: Fog Lights?