A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Have you met another B9 Allroad in the wild?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by archrenov8
In late November, a week before I ordered mine, I saw a dark Gray Allroad drive by. It was beautiful, so I chased it down to learn the color. I asked the owner, and it was Manhattan Gray- 3 weeks old. Sweet. It convinced me to go with Monsoon Gray.
If it was beautiful, why did you go with the Monsoon?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikec157
I ordered mine in late November and am looking at a May delivery... I have yet to see one in the wild, and the dealer has only one come through and that was sold. So as far as the Midwest is concerned it is a unicorn!

I followed the total on cars . Com, when released there were about 240 showing in stock, now there are about 170 and very few with pictures so probably very few on lots. It sucks to wait till May, I certainly didn't expect a 6 month wait!
The dealer told me I was looking at about a 12 week wait. Are you telling me I've been misled and that it's likely twice that long?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ryan Otto
I have a few B8.5 versions around me, but I have not seen a 2017. For reasons I am not going into here, I needed a new tire and took it in locally (Audi was too far away to drive on an unsafe tire), their computer did not even have the car listed yet. Despite that two mechanics complimented me on the wagon specifically, and really seemed to like the car. One who pulled it into the garage was even surprised by the power it unexpectedly had when he gunned it slightly in the lot. The dealer I got mine at is Massive with easily 300 plus cars in inventory, and they have gotten their hands on maybe 5 of the new Allroads.

It constantly amazes me that car people fully recognize that advantages to wagons, and almost universally like them, when the general public in the US just does not get it.
I travel to Sweden quite often and I'd say wagons are as common there as SUVs are in the U.S.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
If it was beautiful, why did you go with the Monsoon?
As much as I liked the Manhattan Gray, even though it is metallic, the metallic flecks are dark and not as abundant as they are in the Monsoon Gray. I like the way the more noticeable flecks in Monsoon Gray highlighted the surface features of the AR.

I also am concerned about how quickly a car shows dirt, and the thing that struck me about the Manhattan Gray AR was the light gray mud streaks at each wheel well. They would be less pronounced on Monsoon Gray, in my opinion.

In the northeast, it seems that our dirt is usually in the form of salts and mud. Salt splatter doesn't show up as readily on a light gray metallic.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer told me I was looking at about a 12 week wait. Are you telling me I've been misled and that it's likely twice that long?
Which dealer around philly did you go to? The first B9 I picked up came right off the truck in November, the second one they had an allocation that was unsold and modified it to my liking (early December), that one is arriving around March.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is variable between dealers depending on how many they sell. Here is my timeline. When I was in the dealer handing over a deposit, the ETA was "three months", but that was clearly optimistic/ misleading.

Dealer visit mid nov.
Order created 12/02/16
Factory submitted 12/12/16
Build week 1017
ETA 04/24-05/28

It took a fair number of emails and calls to get all this info.... good luck, hopefully your dealer can get one quicker.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by breadbooze
Which dealer around philly did you go to? The first B9 I picked up came right off the truck in November, the second one they had an allocation that was unsold and modified it to my liking (early December), that one is arriving around March.
Devon Audi
Old 01-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sccooper
Here in TX the dealers all seemed to have 1 to 2 on the lot when I was shopping a month ago. When I branched my search out to the northeast I saw a lot in the Boston area, like 15 or more. I hear this car is sold the most in Colorado, Pacific Northwest and Northeast and they get most of the allocation. In Dallas I've seen a couple older allroads but no B9 other than myself yet.
Well, if you listen closely, you'll hear me peel out from the dealer as I pick up my new glacier white beauty next week as I head back to Austin. Hope to see ya 'round the TX meetups!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by _SlugBug_
Well, if you listen closely, you'll hear me peel out from the dealer as I pick up my new glacier white beauty next week as I head back to Austin. Hope to see ya 'round the TX meetups!
Congratulations. Pictures please.