A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Help with color combinations on a new order!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with color combinations on a new order!

Hi,

Long time Audi owner here and very excited to be putting in an order on Monday for a 2017 Allroad! Right now I'm stuck on either Monsoon Gray or Gotland Green. I saw Gotland Green in person the other day and thought it was beautiful. Never thought I'd drive a green car but there was something really cool about this color and I think it fits the Allroad nicely. So if I go with Gotland Green I'm not sure if the Nougat would make the car look too "Eddie Bauerish" as a friend of mine called it or go with black or gray/black. I think the Nougat interior could work with Monsoon Gray but black with aluminum trim could be nice too. I'm a little all over the place as you can see! I know for sure I do not want Gloss Walnut Inlays and either aluminum or natural oak would be fine which is another dilemma. The car will have Prem+, tech, and Sport packages. So I guess the question is what exterior/interior/trim options do you think would look best for either Gotland Green or Monsoon Gray? Any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had several Audis myself and was tired of dark interiors and dark exteriors so I choose to mix it up. Recently picked up a 2017 Gotland Green with Brown Nougat - includes sports package, among other things. Sports package brings black headline and black screen over the moonroof. Aluminum trim. I skipped the Tech Package because it comes standard with CarPlay, backup camera, adaptive dampers, etc. You can see my pics and thread on topic

Exterior photos top of this page
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...lroad-2912615/

Interior photos on 2nd page of thread
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2912615/page2/
Old 01-21-2017, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your pics! Your car looks great and I really like the aluminum trim with the nougat interior. Pretty sure Gotland Green will be the exterior but I'm leaning towards rock gray/black with natural oak inlays. I test drove a Moonlight Blue Allroad the other day with rock gray/black and thought it looked great. I have all day tomorrow and most of Monday to think this through some more.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glad to hear you like the rock grey / black - I am waiting on a monsoon grey with that interior (plus the walnut inlays). From what I have seen, the green goes great with the brown interior and the grey inlays. I think the grey inlays with grey seats lacks a bit of contrast, so if you are set on grey inlays, I say go green ans brown. Enjoy the decision!
Old 01-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My previous car was an Audi A4 with sports and tech packages. Moonlight Blue with Dark Gray/Black interior. It's a classy combo. But this green is something special. A unicorn. It can look almost dark gray depending on lighting. I did look at one with the a Dary Gray/Black interior and Oak inlays and it looked great but lacked contrast. Felt a little dark to me. But most importantly, it didn't have the sport seats so that was a no go.

Last edited by Gotland; 01-21-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spring for the custom color charge and ordered Estoril Blue with beige interior. ETA in May.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I have an A4 with Nougat/Gray Oak interior and love it. Never get tired of it. It would work with either Gotland Green or Monsoon Grey. Sorry, the pic isn't great.
Attached Thumbnails Help with color combinations on a new order!-fullsizerender-2-.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In choosing my own Allroad color combination, I sat in as many as I could, and did mock-ups on my computer where I could look at the color combinations on a single screen, rather than toggling back and forth on the Audi configurator. One of the cars that really impressed me was an A4 in Gotland Green with the black interior and inlay gray oak.

I realized that the inlay gray oak, being close in color to the matte black texture on the console, gave a unified appearance to the interior, rather than the stark contrast that you get with the brushed metal. I ultimately selected Monsoon Gray, even though I was rather impressed with Manhattan Gray. I chose Monsoon Gray mostly because of the higher metallic content, which will highlight the body contours nicely.

If you go to the Audi Ireland site, you will see that Gotland Green is the featured color, and it looks awesome there.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stick with Gray

at first I liked the green, for about a minute. Then I realized that if I wanted an outback, I should have bought one. Regarding the nougat interior, I literally cringe every time I see that color. I ordered a manhattan gray with gray/gray interior. I don't like the contrast between the black lower dash and the gray upper. I prefer a light colored interior all around. It makes the car more open and inviting feeling. And good call on the high gloss walnut. Definitely too old Italian guy Cadillac-y for me. I went with the oak.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My '11 Avant was ordered with the micro-metallic dash inserts, because I wanted nothing to do with that awful shiny wood. The Matt finished would is so much nicer to my eye, being an architect.

My preference would be a light tan interior with a black upper dash and the oak inlay, but I could not get that combo with the warm weather package. So frustrating. So I made my piece with the black interior- at leas the headliner will be light gray, because you get sport seats with the warm weather package, while still keeping the gray headliner, whereas with the full Sport Package, you are stuck with a black headliner.

Quick Reply: Help with color combinations on a new order!