A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Just asking - thoughts on mud flaps and tow hitch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rrwood
They are in the allroad online brochure under accessories. From there, it asks if you want to go to Audi Parts, and brings up local Audi Store choices to shop at. It was kind of tricky to navigate though.
Had no problem the other day, but this is what I got today, the parts, no picture.

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/audi_201...8W9075111.html

Either way, I think they offer some more protection, look nice are not terribly priced, so I am thinking of ordering a set.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mud flaps

Originally Posted by bob m
Had no problem the other day, but this is what I got today, the parts, no picture.

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/audi_201...8W9075111.html

Either way, I think they offer some more protection, look nice are not terribly priced, so I am thinking of ordering a set.
Same for me. Pictures in the brochure, but when you go to Audi Parts, no pic. They look good in the brochure. On another note what do you think of wind deflectors? Found some on Weather Tech for front windows only, and unable to find anything for the sunroof.

Last edited by rrwood; 02-15-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Same for me. Pictures in the brochure, but when you go to Audi Parts, no pic. They look good in the brochure. On another note what do you think of wind deflectors? Found some on Weather Tech for front windows only, and unable to find anything for the sunroof.
Wind deflectors? I've seen them on plenty of cars, but never had them. Maybe someone who has bought them can add their opinions?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mud flaps

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Pictures would be awesome. Thinking about getting them but haven't seen any real life pics

I like them.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Are they the same color as the wheel well cladding? It looks different in photos.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

They could be. It's hard for me to see that much difference under the car. You may have more discerning eyes then I. I guess the best thing to do would be go to a dealer that has them and compare for yourself. I would hate for you to order them based on my opinion and be disappointed. Not much help I know.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I was expecting them to be designed differently than that. Instead, they seem like they were just carved out of a 2x6 block.

I was going to order them, but I am no longer doing that.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

They could be. It's hard for me to see that much difference under the car. You may have more discerning eyes then I. I guess the best thing to do would be go to a dealer that has them and compare for yourself. I would hate for you to order them based on my opinion and be disappointed. Not much help I know.
Anyway, your car looks great. Good choice by you, and Audi did good as well in updating the allroad. Your photos really show the details of the lower vehicle well. Great wheels.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by archrenov8
Well I was expecting them to be designed differently than that. Instead, they seem like they were just carved out of a 2x6 block.

I have a set on order. They do seem to be a little shorter than most others I've seen, but I don't think they look bad at all. But they will provide some protection, nonetheless. They may or may not be a slightly different shade of grey, but I'm going to put a coating on them anyhow, so should make them a more even match, but again, it's on the very bottom of the car and will get the most, dust and dirt anyhow.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by archrenov8

I have then on my B8.5 Allroad, and they're great. In person, they don't look as though they're 'carved out of a block' at all. They are quite discreet and offer considerable protection.

In your case, I'd recommend you order the ones with the 'INV' prefix to the part number. I think you'll be delighted with those, though installation requires a bit more care. The prefix stands for 'Invisible' - that's probably much closer to the look you're going for.

Quick Reply: Just asking - thoughts on mud flaps and tow hitch?