A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

New Allroad owner in South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boldenmd
Hi, everyone!

Well, my head is still spinning, but I just bought a 2017 Allroad. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have told you my next car was going to be a Porsche Macan. I had configured model after model and scoped out the inventory within a thousand miles. But the new Allroad came across my radar after I saw a video on YouTube and the interior blew me away.

Just Thursday afternoon, I started searching inventories and a local dealer had just gotten in an Allroad for someone who decided they didn't want it. I was just going to take a look this morning (and half expected the car to be sold before i got there)... Plus I was dubious about a full paint car, and the pictures the sales manager sent me didn't do it justice.

I fell in love at first sight! What a marvelous machine! It's my first Audi, too (My last three cars were Mercedes, but this Allroad outclasses them all).

Audi Allroad at dusk

Taking delivery at Audi Fort Lauderdale

Taking delivery at Audi Fort Lauderdale

Audi Allroad in traffic on the drive home from the dealer
Its beautiful! Especially painted one solid color. That's what I really wanted last November when my lease was up but no one had them in Florida all they had was the other with the black plastic cladding which was a deal breaker but instead got a great deal on the A4 sedan Prem Plus. It looks so much cleaner and aggressive especially the wheel arches. Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

As others have said, beautiful! I was leaning away from full paint, but your pics make it look good.

Funny story, I'm in South Florida (in fact within walking distance from that dealer), and am getting ready to do a European delivery for a white Allroad. I still hadn't found one to sit in and poke at yet, and wanted to at least do that before I ordered. When I heard Audi Ft Laud had one in stock, I went over to take a look - and the sales guy told me they just sold it 10 minutes ago! So that must have been you, congrats!

I ended up going up to West Palm to take a look at a black one they have up there, and it made my mind up - working on getting the ordering process started now.

As a side note, Audi Ft Lauderdale refused to do European delivery, citing customer complaints in the past. West Palm also declined, although the ED manager at AOA has since given me contact details up there for someone supposedly OK with the process. We'll see - amazingly hard to get someone to take 50k+ off you!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Audi Ft Lauderdale refused to do European delivery, citing customer complaints in the past.
That's a shame. We did European Delivery on my 2013 Allroad, had a blast, but no complaints.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lifjoy
That's a shame. We did European Delivery on my 2013 Allroad, had a blast, but no complaints.
Definitely haven't given up on it, as I'm happy to travel a bit to do the pickup if necessary.

After flying to Germany for the initial delivery, going a bit further at this end doesn't seem like a huge deal!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boldenmd
Thanks! I was looking at getting a Macan S, although the way the options kept adding up I started wondering if I should stretch to the GTS (so the Allroad saved me about $15K-$20K). I finally saw a perfect lot car the other day that met all of my requirements; it was a Macan Turbo, actually, with an MSRP of $98K [!!!!]).

Macans are marvelous and I will look at them fondly when I see them on the road; I also see quite a few in my office parking garage since Porsche Latin America HQ is in the same building. But I was a bit put off by seeing the tech in the new Panamera, and thinking that the Macan might not see those upgrades for a couple of years, especially when I considered what my final price tag might be. The Allroad is like piloting a spaceship, and I love all the tech. (And the Bang and Olufsen stereo system is the best OEM system I've ever heard.)
Originally Posted by FLkiwi
As others have said, beautiful! I was leaning away from full paint, but your pics make it look good.

Funny story, I'm in South Florida (in fact within walking distance from that dealer), and am getting ready to do a European delivery for a white Allroad. I still hadn't found one to sit in and poke at yet, and wanted to at least do that before I ordered. When I heard Audi Ft Laud had one in stock, I went over to take a look - and the sales guy told me they just sold it 10 minutes ago! So that must have been you, congrats!
Ha! Thanks! Happened quicker than I had planned. They were easy to deal with.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Audi South Orlando has one in all white/black. I had reached out to them the same weekend.