A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Pet Barrier Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pet Barrier Question

I recently put in an order for a 2017 AR Prestige and am looking for a compatible pet barrier for the cargo area. First of all, does anyone know if the US version comes with the retractible cargo net that fastens to the ceiling? It's mentioned in the owner's manual but I know those tend to cover all possible configurations and may not apply to the US spec. Not that that would be a sufficient barrier, but would indicate that there are anchor points in the headliner to attach a barrier. I looked on travall.com, but they don't seem to offer a solution for the 2017 model. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
I recently put in an order for a 2017 AR Prestige and am looking for a compatible pet barrier for the cargo area. First of all, does anyone know if the US version comes with the retractible cargo net that fastens to the ceiling? It's mentioned in the owner's manual but I know those tend to cover all possible configurations and may not apply to the US spec. Not that that would be a sufficient barrier, but would indicate that there are anchor points in the headliner to attach a barrier. I looked on travall.com, but they don't seem to offer a solution for the 2017 model. Any help would be much appreciated.
It did come on my US spec'ed Premium Plus. Not sure if it's an option or not since I did not build the car. It is a retractable screen that anchors in the ceiling.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sccooper
It did come on my US spec'ed Premium Plus. Not sure if it's an option or not since I did not build the car. It is a retractable screen that anchors in the ceiling.
Perfect! Thanks for confirming.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:15 PM
GSL
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There also are anchors on the floor and metal brackets holding the netting at the side storage bins. I just loop things around creating a "short leash" that keeps a dog behind the rear seats. Works for me, but I guess it depends on number/size/temperament of dog(s).
Old 01-16-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GSL
There also are anchors on the floor and metal brackets holding the netting at the side storage bins. I just loop things around creating a "short leash" that keeps a dog behind the rear seats. Works for me, but I guess it depends on number/size/temperament of dog(s).
Thanks. My dog likes to get as tangled up as possible in her leash in the car so I'd prefer not to tether her in the back, especially since I can't see if she might have it wrapped around her neck. Since my original post, I was able to locate a compatible barrier on Travall.com. It's currently out of stock, but hopefully by the time my car arrives (mid-April), it'll be back in stock. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by blorzoga
Thanks. My dog likes to get as tangled up as possible in her leash in the car so I'd prefer not to tether her in the back, especially since I can't see if she might have it wrapped around her neck. Since my original post, I was able to locate a compatible barrier on Travall.com. It's currently out of stock, but hopefully by the time my car arrives (mid-April), it'll be back in stock. Thanks for the info though.
In case anyone else is looking for a pet barrier, here's a link to the one I found.

https://www.travall.com/en-us/the-travall-guard-tdg1502