A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lifjoy
Here's my 2017 B9 Allroad Prestige. Manhattan gray with full paint, blizzaks, black interior, walnut inlays, warm/cold/sport/driverAssist packages.

Ordered 2016-10-02. Delivered 2016-12-21.

Looks great - my initial impression of your Allroad with Blizzaks in that snow is "tough and capable to handle that snow, just ready for that weather."
Old 02-12-2017, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
OK. Gotland Green is a difficult color to photograph. It changes with the quality of light falling on it and the angle of view. But here goes--I'd say on a calibrated monitor the first and last are the most accurate...........

Mine's the same Gotland Green as Dan's and agree with him about the color changing very much depending on the light conditions, much more so than any other color I've seen.

Regarding color, I will restate that I have not seen a bad color for the Allroads. Thing is - since the Allroads, particularly the Prestige level are so relatively hard to find and I was not willing to wait for a custom order, I jumped on the Gotland Green - as that was what was available. Last 20 years or so, most of my cars have been black - Brilliant or Metallic - and though nothing looks better when shiny, they are by far and away the most difficult to maintain and keep looking clean (even with a coating), so I was very ok with another color. I think the first one available was the Matador Red that CoMeader has, but I hesitated too long and that car was gone. But I guess if the Allroads were as available as the other cars, I'd have a hard time choosing between Manhattan grey, GG and Matador red....and of course Mythos black.
Attached Thumbnails Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?-ar10.jpg   Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?-ar6.jpg  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked ours up Friday. Argus brown. Here's a stock picture. Will post more soon...
Attached Thumbnails Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?-image.jpeg  
Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

That's going to be one handsome ride.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been lurking here for months, finally had the ***** to register.

I have been eyeing an Allroad for some time now but i cant help but think that the previous B8 gen looks better. To be honest i have not seen one in person yet but will be going to the dealer today to take a look. The only Allroad that truly got my attention was the member on here with those sweet looking 20's.

Are you guys leasing or buying?
Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SlineSol
Been lurking here for months, finally had the ***** to register.

I have been eyeing an Allroad for some time now but i cant help but think that the previous B8 gen looks better. To be honest i have not seen one in person yet but will be going to the dealer today to take a look. The only Allroad that truly got my attention was the member on here with those sweet looking 20's.

Are you guys leasing or buying?
Ah, doesn't take ***** to register - just a willingness to post and/or ask questions, doesn't even cost one cent.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but curious what is it about the gen B8 that you find looks better? If the looks are a dealbreaker on the B9's, I'm sure you can find some B8's to your liking for a pretty good price. But the B9's are way ahead in tech as well as in comfort and performance.

I bought mine.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
Ah, doesn't take ***** to register - just a willingness to post and/or ask questions, doesn't even cost one cent.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but curious what is it about the gen B8 that you find looks better? If the looks are a dealbreaker on the B9's, I'm sure you can find some B8's to your liking for a pretty good price. But the B9's are way ahead in tech as well as in comfort and performance.

I bought mine.
I just really like the rounded body style as apposed to the chiseled sharp lines. This opinion is based on pictures. I currently own a 2015 b8,5 a4 sline loaded with every option so it wouldn't make much such to buy the previous gen.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just really like the rounded body style as apposed to the chiseled sharp lines. This opinion is based on pictures. I currently own a 2015 b8,5 a4 sline loaded with every option so it wouldn't make much such to buy the previous gen.
I think the current Q7 looks ugly when compared to the last generation, but I like the B9 better than B8. The "squared" looks did not work for the Q7, but somehow it does better on the B9, looks more sportier and robust... the other thing is that pictures don't do real justice, you have to see them live. Yes, looks are subjective, indeed!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that the rounded forms around the grill of the B8 are a bit nicer than the angularity of the B9. But the rest of the B9, and the interior, are far nicer in the B9.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had the opportunity to see the Allroad in person today and all i can say is WOW. Pictures do not do this vehicle justice. It most certainly looks better in person as apposed to the pictures on the Audi builder.

My only issue now is weather to buy an Allroad or the A5 Sportback, such a hard decision to make!

Quick Reply: Show your colors! Pics of your new Allroad?