A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Well, I'm one night away from trading -A4 - Allroad

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Well, I'm one night away from trading -A4 - Allroad

I do really like my 2017 A4 Prestige, my only criticisms besides that ipad on the dash MMI were the low height of the car, making entry not as smooth as I like (But I'm still agile enough, no worries) and exiting - I have to make an effort not to scrape the bottom edge (sill). Also the low wheels and tires might be - might be worrisome commuting around the wonderful NE NJ and NYC streets. This is admittedly been coming from 18 or so years of CUV's/SUV's. I like the slightly higher (yes, only 1.5" higher) stance and clearance, along with the open trunk space the Allroad wagon has.And, its at least as nice - I think nicer looking that the A4. Not looking for another CUV though. Reviews for the Allroad (as you would expect from being an A4 wagon) are excellent. So, I'm about a few hours away from finalizing my decision to trade in for a Prestige Allroad. HOWEVER, dealer is not 100% definite yet on snagging it. Will find out soon.
Now, if I do, and I know I have said that before, but I think this could be my keeper as I love the handling/agility, BOSE, tech and workmanship of the 2017 A4 and have those above issues met with the Allroad....Gotland Green...Nougat interior...walnut trim......

Last edited by bob m; 01-23-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've had ours as the primary family vehicle for almost 2000 miles now and we love it.
Of the 1.5" difference in ride height from the sedan, 0.5" comes from extra tire profile which will come in handy for the NJ/NYC streets. In addition to this, you also get the adaptive dampers which really smooth things out in Comfort mode.
Not to be pedantic, but the audio system is B&O.

I hope that you get it. Good luck.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I do really like my 2017 A4 Prestige, my only criticisms besides that ipad on the dash MMI were the low height of the car, making entry not as smooth as I like (But I'm still agile enough, no worries) and exiting - I have to make an effort not to scrape the bottom edge (sill). Also the low wheels and tires might be - might be worrisome commuting around the wonderful NE NJ and NYC streets. This is admittedly been coming from 18 or so years of CUV's/SUV's. I like the slightly higher (yes, only 1.5" higher) stance and clearance, along with the open trunk space the Allroad wagon has.And, its at least as nice - I think nicer looking that the A4. Not looking for another CUV though. Reviews for the Allroad (as you would expect from being an A4 wagon) are excellent. So, I'm about a few hours away from finalizing my decision to trade in for a Prestige Allroad. HOWEVER, dealer is not 100% definite yet on snagging it. Will find out soon.
Now, if I do, and I know I have said that before, but I think this could be my keeper as I love the handling/agility, BOSE, tech and workmanship of the 2017 A4 and have those above issues met with the Allroad....Gotland Green...Nougat interior...walnut trim......
Welcome to the Allroad club! Since you mentioned the door sills, I figured I'd let you know that I still have to be careful on the Allroad not to muck up the back of my pants - they are just as wide as the sedan and and you have farther to step down.

Send us pictures tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by formulacarl
We've had ours as the primary family vehicle for almost 2000 miles now and we love it.
Of the 1.5" difference in ride height from the sedan, 0.5" comes from extra tire profile which will come in handy for the NJ/NYC streets. In addition to this, you also get the adaptive dampers which really smooth things out in Comfort mode.
Not to be pedantic, but the audio system is B&O.

I hope that you get it. Good luck.
Ooops, correct, B&O.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CoMeader
Welcome to the Allroad club! Since you mentioned the door sills, I figured I'd let you know that I still have to be careful on the Allroad not to muck up the back of my pants - they are just as wide as the sedan and and you have farther to step down.

Send us pictures tomorrow.
Thanks, but will know tomorrow I have my fingers crossed. Yep, have been reading reviews - yours too - and videos and looks to be the one for me - and before the A4 was a 2016 Macan S. Where I have the sill problem is scraping my foot on the interior sill and rubber gasket when getting out.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Thanks, but will know tomorrow I have my fingers crossed. Yep, have been reading reviews - yours too - and videos and looks to be the one for me - and before the A4 was a 2016 Macan S. Where I have the sill problem is scraping my foot on the interior sill and rubber gasket when getting out.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get what you want. I've had mine for exactly one month (and ~2,400 miles) today. I'm still loving it even though there are a couple of gremlins still to be worked out. I drove my old '06 Avant on Sunday, and it was fun but it didn't bring on any regrets. I was amazed at how quiet the Allroad was in comparison.

Have you been able to drive an Allroad yet?
Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CoMeader
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get what you want. I've had mine for exactly one month (and ~2,400 miles) today. I'm still loving it even though there are a couple of gremlins still to be worked out. I drove my old '06 Avant on Sunday, and it was fun but it didn't bring on any regrets. I was amazed at how quiet the Allroad was in comparison.

Have you been able to drive an Allroad yet?
No I have not as no dealer around here has one to demo. Closest I was to it was sitting in one in a showroom some weeks ago when I went to my dealer with an A4 Connect question. This would be the first car I ever bought w/o a drive, but again, with its A4 pedigree and the excellent reviews, I am absolutely sure I'll be impressed. It just seemed to click every 'yes" button I want in my car. Now, if only I can straighten out my sideways Avatar........
Old 01-23-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am surprised that you were able to sit in one in a showroom. On Long Island, I have not found one in a showroom, because they come in and go out too quickly. I did test drive one before ordering, pretty much as a formality, because my mind was already made up on an Allroad.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by archrenov8
I am surprised that you were able to sit in one in a showroom. On Long Island, I have not found one in a showroom, because they come in and go out too quickly. I did test drive one before ordering, pretty much as a formality, because my mind was already made up on an Allroad.
I think it was a Premium, so I think they are easier to come by than the Prestige. But that was soon gone.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I heard back from my salesman a few hours ago and looks good for the sale, but won't be poppin' the champagne until I get a definite tomorrow. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Well, I'm one night away from trading -A4 - Allroad