A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Having fun with my A4 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having fun with my A4 today

Replacing all pads and rotors on my 01 A4 Quattro today in 30 degree temps. All went well until I got to the drivers side front, caliper frozen just won`t move So it starts to rain and I have had my fill of fun today. Ran down to pick up a new caliper to install tomorrow and was just thinking can I just bleed just the replaced caliper or do I have to bleed all four? Looked on youtube checked this forum and my Chiltons but no info on this question, just a little concerned about the abs.Thanks for any help.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You can just bleed the one. Best to take a few minutes to read up on bleeding procedures. Search this forum.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply, been doing this for years but this is my first Audi. Differant animal. I did get the new caliper on no problem with that, but could not get a good bleed. I have a hand pump that I have used many times but still not what I would like to see. I even tried to old way as a neighbor came over to see what was up. So I had another foot to use. Still not what I like to see. Peddle is good. Looked at the other bleeders and thought to leave well enough alone.I`ve only had this A4 for 2 years and doing the maint alittle a t a time. Have to replace all of the control arms next month and the surpentine belt also. I can`t believe that I have to put the front end in service mode to get to it.