A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Received Achtuning 17" RS4 wheels- mixed emotions- need advice. (BWW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys should give him some 18's for the trouble
Old 03-29-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice job Josh, way to back your customer and take care of him....

Sh%t happens and sometimes blems get through. Not a big deal. At least not in my eyes. We'll see what everyone else has to say.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:06 PM

Why is it a problem for this man to voice his opinion on a product he recieved?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Why is this such a problem?

The man was excited about his new wheels. Opened the box and found a problem with them. It happens everyday and people post their experiences good or bad. He simply asked for help on what he should do and showed why he was disappointed. Why is that such a crime? Should we only post positive happy things and keep the bad to ourselves. That sounds of censorship.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Cast wheels...

Many cast wheels have this problem. Especially with low pressure casting. Counter pressure casting is better, but in the end you can't cover up how the wheel is actually made and hide the imperfections. I think that it is very generous of Achtuning/Hartmann to be so courteous and fix your problem so quickly. I've seen situations like turn out ALOT worse.

It's understandable that you are upset, but give the retailers a break. There reputation is very important, and they seem to have rectified the situation for you. They are good guys. =)
Old 03-30-2004, 12:18 AM

NO keep it online...I want to see how this turns out so I can decide if I want to order from them!
Old 03-30-2004, 02:13 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Oh, I absolutely agree with you!!! But to keep it form AW is a disservice to Ach and AW.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:18 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Yes, I am with you. I also want to make sure Achtuning has the chance to give their 2 cents...

The original post was in no way a negative post against Ach, some other posters chose to take that route, which is unfortuneate. Josh seems to be taking the high road, which is good, and when I open the boxes today, I hope my wheels are perfect!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Please read...

It was <b>not</b> my intention of bashing Josh, Bill, Achtuning, or Hartmann in any way whatsoever with this post. Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been prudent to call Josh right away before posting, but understand I would have posted these pictures no matter what. This is a community of A4 enthusiasts and I have the right to share my experience with others.

Both Josh and Bill have contacted me and I am 100% sure we will resolve this matter quickly and to my satisfaction. Leaving the "quality" of the wheels debate aside, when it comes to customer service, Achtuning and Hartmann are still far above the rest. I will continue to stand by them as I have done in the past.

Dave
Old 03-30-2004, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm not one to put my dirty laundry out online

This is a real problem with these forums in general. Don Istook made a great post about this a few weeks back. It really hit home. I'm not singling njskier out on this. I'm really just stating my opinion here. I believe he has reason to be upset. But still, I would deal with my problem offline first and then if I didn't reach a favorable result, I would post and ask peoples'advice on how to go on. I would give the retailer the chance to make things right before giving them a bad rep. I'm not saying his intent was to give Josh or Bill a bad rep, but now some people who don't know them are thinking they are only helping him out because he made them look bad online.

I've made the same move in the past with UUC. They contacted me and asked me to deal with them and not go posting when I haven't even tried to work the situation out with them first. I saw their point and l realized that I should have given them some professional courtesy before posting my opinion of their workmanship. In the end things still didn't get worked out. Now I rarely see them post here anymore.

Quick Reply: Received Achtuning 17" RS4 wheels- mixed emotions- need advice. (BWW)