A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

impressions of momentum audi service @ 10K plus a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impressions of momentum audi service @ 10K plus a question

so i took my car in for service this morning to momentum in houston. i work less than 5 miles away from advantage on the west side, but momentum came better reccommended, so i went there instead. i called last week, and my service writer, steven busch, penciled me in for first thing tuesday. he said it shouldn't take more than 2 hours, so i could wait on it. i told him then about my mysterious autoleveler problem and a random LED in the headlight switch.

to backtrack, steve and i played phone tag several times, and each time, steve called back, so he gained points in my book just for answering my calls promptly.

anyhow, i arrived at 7:00 a.m., and they took my car right away. i also told them about my cupholder, which has a tendency to stick shut, requiring multiple stabs at it before it would open. i reminded them that i had brought my own oil, and that it was in the trunk. steven wrote this on the service order and circled it.

the dealership was clean, nice furniture, decent magazines, and a pair of a4 cabrios were on the showroom floor. they look pretty nice. i tried to size up the cabrio's headlights for use in my car, but i can't really tell if they'd work.

anyhow, steve called me over at about 9:30-ish, saying the car would be right around. they replaced the cupholder, but said that they had to order parts to fix the LED and the autoleveler.

they brought my car around, and i remembered that i forgot to tell them not to wash it. i walked around the car, but it looked fine. they didn't get all the bugs off the front, they could have done a better job drying it, and they could have used a little less tire dressing, but whatever, as long as there are no scratches. i'm guessing it was a touchless wash.

they had cleared the code for the autoleveler, so i got my radio information back, and don't have to look at that stupid headlight symbol anymore.

the car seems to rev a lot more freely now, and it even sounds a little different when idling. could just be the cooler weather.

the cupholder was in fact replaced, works great now, and on top of that, no more sticky coke syrup in the bottom!

i got back to work, and remembered to check the trunk for the oil....they hadn't used it at all.

i called steven right away, and told him. he was very apologetic, and said that when i come back next week for the other repairs, they'd change the oil again. i asked him what kind of oil they used, and he said castrol syntec "synthetic blend." he also mentioned that they might set me up with a loaner next time so i don't have to wait.

so, aside from them neglecting to use my oil, i was satisfied with the trip.

my question is this: should i just keep the oil they put in, or insist they change it? the case of oil i got is valvoline synpower 5w-30.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Gad they're taking care of the 'mysterious' headlight problem.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:02 PM

Default lol, i know....

what gets me is that there shouldn't be a problem...these are chow's old ones, and they were working fine when we pulled them off his car. there must be some kind of "reset" procedure....

oh well. who cares. dealer's problem, not mine