A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

New Audi Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi Owner

I recently bought a 2007 A4 2.0T Quattro with about 118k miles on it. This is my first Audi to own and I am not familiar with the car that well. I have been doing some research but I don't have a as much time as i would like to really sit down and look into it. Was hoping that you guys could help me out as to what I need to be on the look out for since it is up there in miles. Also the center console looks like it is missing a piece. Looks to me like there is some kind of electronic that might connect into it or something. Any help would be appreciated thanks all.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2015, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am a former owner of a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T, and while it was a WONDERFUL vehicle, it did have some bugs that you want to change out quickly. This includes common failures of things such as the Cam follower (which if worn entirely, can cause damage to the High Pressure fuel pump and the camshaft, and ofcourse the engine), Turbo Bypass valve (in which there will be a significant lack of power due to the lack of recirculating air into the turbocharger), PCV valve (which may make a slight rattling noise, cause emissions codes, and cause extra oil consumption), Evap Purge Valve (which will also cause a emissions/fuel code and cause a decrease in fuel economy along with causing a hard start of the vehicle if the fuel tank is full), 4 New Coil Packs along with proper NGK spark plugs (these are common faulty parts on that engine and a simple maintenance replacement), and to a lesser extent the Coolant temperature sensor along with coolant flange, which is located at the rear of the engine and may cause a slight coolant leak. All of the parts that I have mentioned are actually between $30-$70 dollars, depending on where you purchase them, and are relatively easy to replace. Also, at that mileage, I would use Mobil One 5w-30 High Mileage synthetic oil with proper filter changes every 5,000 miles to decrease the more than likely higher engine oil consumption problem that these engines tend to have, which is relatively normal and common. Other than this, it is a fantastic vehicle, and if you replace these faulty items, especially the Cam follower which is the most important item on that list, then you'll be fine. I owned my A4 up to 153,000 miles, and it was still running great!!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also that picture is of the armrest and it seems to me that the device inside is a phone connecter for the bluetooth/telephone option. But since no one uses those kind of phones anymore, it is practically useless..
Old 01-19-2015, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you so much. Its really great new to hear that the parts are not that expensive and are easy to swap out. Where as I am familiar with motors, I have mainly dealt with honda/acura and toyota/lexus. lucky for me i got it as a single owner and it is in really good condition. I plan on changing the spark plugs the next time i get my oil changed which should be in a few months or so. The arm rest does have some kind of connection to the phone which i assumed it to be a blue tooth. I have tried to use blue tooth on my phone to see if it would connect to the car with out it but it never connected. i had a feeling thats what it was used for but wasnt sure if i needed to replace the entire console of if i could just get the part.