A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Strange vibrations on high accelarating

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange vibrations on high accelarating

Hi guys

i just bought myself an 2006 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Multitronic 7 Gears.

On a test drive i discovered vibrations coming from engine area when accelerating really fast. You can feel it best when in sport mode.

Only way to reproduce it is to hit the pedal hard and keep it like that. I still didn`t entered highway to check it properly and see if there is a range of speed where it is occurring. But as soon as i take off my feet from pedal a bit it becomes normal.

I need to say that car is chipped, as previous owner said it has 170hp now instead of default 140. Im pretty sure that they just imported new map. But im not sure till i check with him on wednesday.

My first suspect is those rubber engine holders ( sorry im not native english sepaker )

And my only fear is that gearbox is problematic, but it really goes smooth, and shift gears without any hick-ups, oil in gearbox was changed on time, nothing on diagnostics...

I will take the car on end of this week to mechanist but i am wondering what can cause this vibrations.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Today i took car to mechanist and he told me that it is really hard to tell what is the issue, he did test drive it and told me not to pay to much attention on those vibrations, because i will end up buying a lot of unnecessary parts before i find what is the issue. And also he told me that regular persons driving in car wont notice this at all if i dont tell them.

Further more we discovered that vibrations are engine related and not suspensions, as we pulled over by the road and while standing he did pressed pedal few times like till 3500 rpm and we discovered that, while standing in place, these vibrations occur when we let go the pedal and and while its going down somewhere between 1400-1100 rpm`s it starts shaking a bit.

So i get these vibrations while accelerating fast, and while standing on 1100-1400 rpm.

So he told me not to worry, but i cant get peace until i discover that is the problem.

All help and ideas appreciated.

Thanks
Alex
Old 12-06-2014, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So to update you, i have visited other mechanists and he told me that both inner CV Joints needs replacement, so i did it today for 200e.

Still same thing, i think nothing has changed, maybe a bit better but really not sure.

He told me everything else looks fine on the car, so only thing that i can do is take the car to check the tyres on optics witch will i do in next couple of days.