A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 Audi A4 (B9)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Been lurking here lately. I am also in the same boat as some others excited about the new release. News on VW Golf with some exciting features makes me wonder what's in store from tech perspective for the new A4
Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty much all speculation at this point - I think if you look at what Audi has done with the recently face lifted models (A6,A7) and all new models (A3,Q7) you have a good idea of where the styling is headed.

Interior I'd expect to carry design queues from the Q7 but with MMI controls closer to that of the A3 if a manual transmission is still offered. Would expect the dash cluster to be all digital or at least the option to be.

Car will be more 'connected' then ever with an LTE connection and likely have yet more features to make the driver less needed to actually drive the car.

Exterior styling is hard to say but look at where the A6 and A7 have headed and that should give you an idea - the general shape of the car doesn't look radically different then the current design from the spy photos.

Engine(s) is the hard one. They keep popping the 2.0T in various VW/Audi models and so you could see it used again (speaking to US market) with possibly boosted spec or they could launch something all new. Prior to the recent crash in oil prices I would have expected a TDI to finally show up in the A4 line for the US but they might be delayed now and same goes for a hybrid.

Other possible items would be s-tronic transmission and maybe sport differential but imagine those, particularly the latter will stay the real of the S models.

Of course they could throw a real curve ball and move to the transverse platform for the A4 in which case I really won't care how its equipped.

Rumor was both the Q7 and A4 were delayed to revise the styling, Q7 has been launched so A4 should be coming soon, possibly before the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Last edited by ccA4SEA; 01-20-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

IM wondering if displacement of motor and HP drops a bit, but torque stays high.

The 2.0 is now upmarket in the A6 so I wonder if there becomes two motor choices for Non S4 models. Just guessing.

I have an A6 loaner today witht he 2.0t and its a curious model. I have an Allroad p+ and the gap is not that wide. I love the instrument cluster integration of the full color LCD between the guages but the Large screen seems too clumsy and intrusive. I realize "Tech" is really big but for me I just prefer it be there when I need it. I was even trying to fold in the screen. I was not using NAV and just listening to the radio.

Its a lovely car and felt very substantial. The dash had the wondrful Audi but the high belt line on the dash and into the door was a bit "buick" like. The glossy wood seemed a bit in excess. Im a big fan of the A7 which is a good $20,000 more than my Allroad and seems to have the feel as such. This a6 quattro, at $10,000 more (im guessing its high 50's) was a nice car but Im not sure its worth the extra money. Despite being 53 years old I prefer a more "sport" feel to my cars. I certainly can appreciate the luxury ride the A6 has, but was not "gotta have it". WHen Im in an A7 3.0T, I "Gotta have it"!!!!

regarding the A4, this is the bread and butter car for Audi and has been the volume leader. With the dimise of the Avant's and the rise of the CUV's I am too very curious to how they will position this car.

This is my second B8 (first being a 2010 avant) which I'd still be driving if the engine was not slated to be rebuilt, and its the first time I have ever bought the same model twice! Audi made me an offer I could not refuse so waiting for the B9 is not an option. Often Avant offerings are delayed and in this instance I don't even know if there will be an allroad available. We prefer the B8 over the Q5 despite the apples to apples lower price. While my wife would not mind the Q5 it does not drive as nice as the Allroad.

The benefit of a last year of a model is evident with not just auidi's good initial quality rating but the Allroad being the most reliable currently in the line up. Its a low volume model at the end of its run. This makes for a pretty good outlook we hope. Other than the oil burning issue the Avant was a wonderful car at 60,ooo miles!

Its nice to have a current model and all that goes with it. My E92 BMW is now "Past generation" but to me it looks great and is a wonderful car at 70k. I look at well maintained e46 (previous generation) and they too hold up well and pleasing to the eye.

My Allroad is white, with black bumpers and wheel well's and I think will look fresh for some time. I love the look of older avants and hope to have this car for many years!!!

Its very liberating to have a paid up car with only maintenence to pay for!!! We almost had the A4 paid for but decided to trade it in. The BMW is and really when I went looking at new ones it made little sense to pay $30,000 to upgrade. I leased for years and if you want a new car every three years thats the way to go! But like I said, its nice to have it paid up and prefer to travel instead!
Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nalod
Its very liberating to have a paid up car with only maintenence to pay for!!! We almost had the A4 paid for but decided to trade it in. The BMW is and really when I went looking at new ones it made little sense to pay $30,000 to upgrade. I leased for years and if you want a new car every three years thats the way to go! But like I said, its nice to have it paid up and prefer to travel instead!
So true! Personally I prefer the look of the E9X lineup. The lines still look relavent and it's aging well. BMW's in general seem to age well. The E30 still looks good!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is there any other link available where updates on new A4 is available?
Old 03-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audiphile76
Is there any other link available where updates on new A4 is available?
Try Google.Some vague info/speculation on the B9.