A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Blown Water Pump!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Water Pump!!!

So I'm driving on Friday 10/16 and my red indicator light goes off for coolant. Luckily I'm only 2 miles from dealer so I decide to be lazy and take it in. Get there pop the hood and see water/coolant all over the engine - leave for the day they call me and tell me its the water pump and its blown.

Ok - I say when do you think middle of next week they say - nothing, Friday comes still nothing part is "Backordered" I'm pissed so I contact Audi of America via email. Monday morning comes and they call me back letting me know they will do everything they can to find the part in the US. Tuesday they locate and overnight to my dealer.

Today comes get call from dealer that the part shows up "damaged". This is total bull**** - I'm normally very patient but driving a 3 year old Toureg with only a couple weeks of nice weather left is NOT my idea of fun - starting to get very impatient!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did they not provide you a loaner vehicle?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes a 2007 Toureg - its the V8 model, but it was very dirty inside and its not a 2009 S-Line A4!!

Besides having to get out every time I want to shut the garage door, having to listen to crappy terrestrial radio, not having keyless entry, nav or proper seat/mirror adjustments, and most importantly the ability to charge my iphone - its great.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Awesome User

Get over it. Parts delivery has been slow.

It happens to the best delaerships. Enjoy the Touareg, and get back in the groove when it gets done.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If they are trying to get the part to you and even overnight it, I don't exactly know what you want anybody to do? Doesn't sound like incompetence on anybody's end, just a [currently] rare part given the fact that it's a new model and I'd imagine there aren't a lot of people with a blown water pump (how'd you manage that, anyway? )
Old 10-29-2009, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

that's the problem - they are doing what they can do, but without my call(s) to Audi of America who knows how long my dealer would have taken to find the part.

On another note I had to bring the Toureg back in to fix a screw hole leak in the tire after filling it 3 times in a week - the whole thing just has me pissed off - and I'm venting!!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your service manager must just love dealing with you.

It's unfortunate that your water pump failed. That sucks.

But you are being, completely, unreasonable.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

explain to me how waiting 2 weeks for a part that should never break 6 months into ownership is being unreasonable, not to mention that the one they shipped comes damaged??

How long should I wait and still be reasonable???

Let's just say some of this frustration is compounded when I was rear ended a month ago and just got my car back 2 weeks before it going back into the shop. I've owned the car for 6 months and haven't been able to drive it for nearly 15% of that time, non of which were my fault!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dude - it's your attitude. You've got a loaner, but that's not good enough for you - you want them to keep a fleet of cars as nice as yours to lend out to people - that's unreasonable. Bad things happen - getting mad at someone who had nothing to do with it from the start is totally unfair (and definitely won't help you). I'd be frustrated too about the water pump, but I wouldn't be venting about all the people working to fix it (at least not based on what you've said). I don't know you from Adam, and you might be the coolest, nicest guy in the world, but your posts here makes you seem like a spoiled brat.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be worse, you could have a beater and the dealer NOT provide you a car for your use and you get to pay for a rental for 2 - 3 weeks!!

Don't sweet the small stuff and be glad your vehicle is in good care while she awaits her parts. Things could be much worse.

I had the same thing happen to me on my previous A4 years ago, except I did some moderate engine damage in the process caused by the impellor faulure blowing up at highway speeds. All was covered under warranty no questions asked, but a 3 week ordeal nonetheless as the replaced something, idk heads or something or other...

Quick Reply: Blown Water Pump!!!