A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Bluetooth pairing failing

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth pairing failing

Hi guys,

I just bought a 2009 Avant, with multifunction streering wheel and bluetooth. I see the Audi bluetooth signal, but when I tap to connect from my iPhone and enter the pairing code 1234, I get the following error message.

I've tried other codes (1234, 0000, 1111), and am sure to do it within 5mins of turning on the ignition. Using an iPhone 5S/iOS 9.3.5, Any thoughts on what the issue may be?

\\

Last edited by 4lane; 09-11-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have all details in memory, but the PIN can be changed in the MMI menu (TEL/SETUP). Is that what you mean by "trying other codes"? Otherwise, check the PIN setting. Perhaps previous owner changed it from the default '1234'.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are you sure you have the cell phone BT option. Not all cars of that year came with it. Did the previous owner or the seller demonstrate that the phone option works and was installed. Just because you have the buttons doesn't men you have the option. I assume you didn't try to pair your phone during your test drive.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

It does have the bluetooth option and has a multifunction steering wheel with Voice and Bluetooth/Phone buttons. I suspect the PIN to pair was changed, but haven't found out how to reset that yet.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there
I am driving a 2015 A4, which doesn't come with the audio Bluetooth. Only has Bluetooth for taking phone calls. I went to do some research and realised I can connect this Bovee Viseeo to a 30 pin ami in the glove compartment. However, I just can't find the pin anywhere in the compartment. Is it located somewhere else in the car? Please help!
Old 09-12-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4lane
It does have the bluetooth option and has a multifunction steering wheel with Voice and Bluetooth/Phone buttons. I suspect the PIN to pair was changed, but haven't found out how to reset that yet.
Press [TEL], [SETUP]
then select Telephone Settings/Bluetooth Settings/PIN for handsfree mode
Old 09-12-2016, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Skinnypig
Hi there
I am driving a 2015 A4, which doesn't come with the audio Bluetooth. Only has Bluetooth for taking phone calls. I went to do some research and realised I can connect this Bovee Viseeo to a 30 pin ami in the glove compartment. However, I just can't find the pin anywhere in the compartment. Is it located somewhere else in the car? Please help!
It requires the car to have the AMI (Audi Music Interface) option. Then you need an adapter cable for the AMI port in the glove box (that ends in the 30 pin connector).
Old 09-12-2016, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi8k
Press [TEL], [SETUP]
then select Telephone Settings/Bluetooth Settings/PIN for handsfree mode
Thank you - I'll give this a shot. I read also that you can't pair after a period of time (yrs) until it's reset. Maybe that's the issue.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4lane
As I mentioned ALL Audi's come with the multi function steering wheel with the phone buttons. But they all do not come with the BT option which in your year was a special order. As for the pin it never changes and can not be changed. Also there is no limit to how many phones can be deleted and paired . I suspect if you take the car to a dealer and ask the service manager to check your vin # to verify if the car came with a BT cell phone option. Either you don't have it or the module is bad. These cars pair very easily so if you are having trouble you have either issue.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The first post shows the "Audi UHV xxxx" BT message on his phone. Unless the xxxx is the VIN from a neighbouring Audi, this is proof!
Although I never attempted to change the PIN, the function is explained in the owners manual for the first model year B8 with 2G Nav that I had, so it is my assumption that it should be the same in his car.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth pairing failing