A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Brake rotors and pads replacement cost for 2011 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake rotors and pads replacement cost for 2011 Audi A4

Hi,

I am trying to buy a used 2011 Audi A4. And in Pre-purchase vehicle inspection mechanic told me that the rotors and pads are gone as this car was sitting in garage for year.

He gave me an estimate of $1500 for all of them including labor. The car is still under warranty, I know pads are not covered but does rotors come under warranty?

Is $1500 is a good estimate? Can I expect same estimate if I go to Audi?

Please advice.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are wear & tear items so not covered under warranty. $1500 is a lot of money for that service ... can be done for a lot less either on your own or via a good independent (where perhaps you can bring him the parts). I would expect Audi to be in the same ballpark as the estimate you already have.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Van, welcome aboard! Do you know how many miles are on the car you are looking at? Must be 50k or more if it needs brakes already.

If you are up to the task, pads are ~ $40/axle, rotors are probably $60 each. $1500, IME, is north of what the Audi dealership would charge.

(I changed out my front pads a couple of weeks ago to a different compound. My '11 A4 is at 35k miles. Pads were less than 1/3 worn...rotors look almost new. Cars built after 12/10 have ceramic pads fitted. They tend to be very e-z on the rotor, are super-clean, but may lack a bit in terms of stopping power.)
Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor

That is a high quote for just rotors and pads job. We do carry the pads and the rotors for that vehicle, If you decide to do the job yourself or have an independent shop do it. The parts cost for your vehicle would be around the range of $422 roughly.

Here is the link to the brake parts section on our site:
AutohausAZ - Brake parts

Disclaimer: Make sure to check the year and model of the vehicle before placing the order.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid ~760 for just front rotors and pads at the dealer. So the quote is in line for all 4. Now, in my opinion, that is overpriced. You could buy your own parts and pay a local shop that does VW/Audi. The rear brakes are tricky, I think they require some computer access to retract the piston. You can't just push it back, without ruining it.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Check out AudiUSAParts.com they have the best prices for OEM parts. They stock almost everything and are awesome to work with! If you enter your VIN during checkout they will go through and make sure you have all of the correct parts. Most online stores do not have a real person to make sure you have all of the components to get the job done correctly. These guys do and that personal touch is worth buying factory parts if you ask me!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get a second opinion or measure the pads yourself. Audi brakes last a long time.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Van1401
Hi,

I am trying to buy a used 2011 Audi A4. And in Pre-purchase vehicle inspection mechanic told me that the rotors and pads are gone as this car was sitting in garage for year.

He gave me an estimate of $1500 for all of them including labor. The car is still under warranty, I know pads are not covered but does rotors come under warranty?

Is $1500 is a good estimate? Can I expect same estimate if I go to Audi?

Please advice.
I was quoted $1850 !!!!!!!!!! I think that is crazy. was told that my brakes failed because a rotor had some rust on it. I told them to let it fail inspection and took it to a certified independent shop and it passed with no problem. I live in the northeast and rust happens on rotors so not sure what dealers standards are, probably thinking a sucker is born every day.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

$2200 in Beverly Hills for rotors & pads (F&R) on my S5. Obscene, but I was feeling tired and lazy.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems very high for a brake service. If you're handy you can typically do brakes for about 1/3 of that.

We sell a performance brake kit with premium upgraded rotors and pads for $578.77 which also includes the brake pad wear sensor.

We also carry budget minded rotors for around $85 for the fronts and $52 for the rears.

Complete pad sets front and rear start around $112

Click HERE to view all of our braking components.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

Quick Reply: Brake rotors and pads replacement cost for 2011 Audi A4