A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Center Console Dial Cap Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console Dial Cap Replacement?

Hey everyone... I am new to the forum so I figured it would be good to start out by asking for some expertise on this matter. I am in need of a replacement 'cap' for the main dial on my center console (2010 A4). Long story short, the cap got knocked off and disappeared. So, my center console button/dial is missing the little black plastic circle that goes on top of it. I'm not sure what to do. I went to the dealership for an unrelated fix and asked about it but they did not address it. I'm willing to buy another cap through Audi (if possible) or even get some other sort of replacement that can fit that spot. Can I order this somewhere? Can I order just a new dial? Any ideas? I don't want to replace the entire center console, obviously, it just looks unsightly with that cap missing.

See above image for what it is supposed to look like, this is just a stock pic with the cap on for location purposes.

Thanks for your input!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default audi part

Originally Posted by 1stAudiNJ
Hey everyone... I am new to the forum so I figured it would be good to start out by asking for some expertise on this matter. I am in need of a replacement 'cap' for the main dial on my center console (2010 A4). Long story short, the cap got knocked off and disappeared. So, my center console button/dial is missing the little black plastic circle that goes on top of it. I'm not sure what to do. I went to the dealership for an unrelated fix and asked about it but they did not address it. I'm willing to buy another cap through Audi (if possible) or even get some other sort of replacement that can fit that spot. Can I order this somewhere? Can I order just a new dial? Any ideas? I don't want to replace the entire center console, obviously, it just looks unsightly with that cap missing.

See above image for what it is supposed to look like, this is just a stock pic with the cap on for location purposes.

Thanks for your input!
Just go the parts Department at any Audi Dealership
Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Here you go: an OEM controller **** for a 2010 A4 (#3 on the diagram) at $14 less than the dealer's parts dept. will charge.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...agramCallOut=3
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Great! Very helpful, thank you!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the part, have gotten the old **** off, but am having a difficult time getting the new one one. Someone told me it screwed in, it looks like it just pushed on? Thanks
Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaskadodge
I have the part, have gotten the old **** off, but am having a difficult time getting the new one one. Someone told me it screwed in, it looks like it just pushed on? Thanks
Yes, it snaps on. A couple of years ago, mine came off, as yours did, but I was able to find it under a seat and replace it. Has been OK since.