A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Checking in with '15 Glacier White Prem Plus (finally)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking in with '15 Glacier White Prem Plus (finally)

So after ~2.5 months with the new toy I'm finally checking in. A few of you have been asking for picks so here they are. Made the purchase back on December 1st and 2.5 months I have no regrets aside from the extra miles I'm racking up driving around just for fun.

Specs:
6 spd MT
Premium Plus
Glacier White
Technology Pack
Sport package
Sport plus package (includes black optic)
B&O sound
Protection kit
First Aid kit
Cargo net

Last edited by ccA4SEA; 02-19-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous car, and great photos. What gear did you shoot them with?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks.

Nikon D300s with old 18-70mm f3.5/4.5
Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Great photos and of course love the color and options! Mine will be a twin of your car! Delivery looks to be end of March...

Any mods planned?
Old 02-17-2015, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by E92MPower
Any mods planned?
Mods so far:
Suntec Paint Protection Film
LED front turn signals

Considering:
LED Fog lights
Short shifter

I'm torn on suspension, for daily driving the sport suspension is very comfortable yet still responsive but for more spirited driving car rolls around a bit more then I'd like so rear sway and/or springs/coils may come about eventually.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ccA4SEA
Mods so far:
Suntec Paint Protection Film
LED front turn signals

Considering:
LED Fog lights
Short shifter

I'm torn on suspension, for daily driving the sport suspension is very comfortable yet still responsive but for more spirited driving car rolls around a bit more then I'd like so rear sway and/or springs/coils may come about eventually.
Nice start! Did you do full front on the clear bra? This will be my first White car and my conceren is the bra will be noticible as the color does change after installation. I've got Xpel Ultimate on my other car, but it's Grey and you can't see it. I've noticed on White it can have a Yellowing effect.

Also, what ipod connector did you get? According to some of the members on here and Audizine it's random. Some get the 30pin others get the lighting per owners request.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

The clear bra is only a partial kit - front bumper/headlights and partial hood/fenders.

There isn't any yellowing that I can see, though with the seem line on the hood you can see the differences between bare paint and the film. If you did the entire hood doubt you'd ever see difference unless you got up really close and compared it with an unprotected panel. I'll try and get some up close shots of the clear bar tonight.

I think the trick with white is keeping the film clean as any staining will show more readily.

Ipod connector - original 30 pin. The Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter works fine but I use Bluetooth majority of time. This car definitely shows its age in that regard, why they couldn't add a USB charging port and why is the phone connector in the glove box is baffling in this day and age.

Last edited by ccA4SEA; 02-18-2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Additional details added
Old 02-18-2015, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Close up photos would be great! I was considering doing the entire hood so that would help. Good tip on keeping the film clean.

Completely agree with you on the lack of a USB port. At the end of the day cost is always a factor. Audi does seem to make some very odd choices when it comes to vehicle options. The A3/S3 not having homelink capability has got to be one of the poorest cost saving measures in recent history.

I'm going to see if the dealer will give me a lightning cable when I take delivery.

Thanks again for all your insight! Really excited to own my first Audi.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here are some close ups of the clear bar.

With flash:
Old 02-20-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really shows the difference between the portion covered with the film and the bare paint. I inspected an Ibis White the other day at a local shop and it did have a bit of yellow. With the Glacier White because of the cooler Blue/Grey undertones we won't have that problem. Thanks again for the photos.

Quick Reply: Checking in with '15 Glacier White Prem Plus (finally)