A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Head

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head

Hello guys, i am new to this forum but am on plenty of BMW forums. As you have probably already gathered i am a BMW fan, but i also really like audi. I work at my local shop when im not in school and had a customer come to me with a head gasket job in his 2010 2.0t. I cant find a good DIY anywhere for this. I could tear it apart and just figure it out as i go but would like to know what tools are needed and given a little info on the timing. Any help id greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoganCollinsBMW
Hello guys, i am new to this forum but am on plenty of BMW forums. As you have probably already gathered i am a BMW fan, but i also really like audi. I work at my local shop when im not in school and had a customer come to me with a head gasket job in his 2010 2.0t. I cant find a good DIY anywhere for this. I could tear it apart and just figure it out as i go but would like to know what tools are needed and given a little info on the timing. Any help id greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Are you kidding?
Are you going to fumble around with customer's car?
You may end up damaging the engine and cost you more money than profit.
Please send it to a proper VAG specialized shop.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know what Im doing buddy. Im not "fumbling" around with a customers car. Ive replaced multiple 1.8 heads, turbos etc. Replaced multiple timing belts, its not new to me. Ive built a 1.8 from the ground up before. I wouldnt like to consider my self the best at it because im sure there are better. But i am capable of doing this. I always like to get a good opinion from an expert for some useful hints. Thanks anyway man.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As the ROSS-Tech site notes, "Official Factory Repair Information for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda and VAG based Bentley products is available directly from the manufacturers. erWin does include Repair Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) / Technical Product Information (TPI), Vehicle Identification (by VIN) and much more. These sources are broken down by vehicle market including RoW and NAR:"

https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showHome.do

I suggest you purchase a one day subscription to erWIN (As I recall, it is USD$35 or so, but YMMMV.) And download the relevant repair manuals, wiring diagrams, and TSB's (if required) for the vehicle in question. (Most documents are in PDF.) Note, ERWIN does not limit the number of downloads you make in a subscription period, so I also suggest you err towards being more inclusive in your searches.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you, i will be downloading shortly. I appreciate your help! Thanks again.