A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

HELP !!! Rims for my 2011 A4

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !!! Rims for my 2011 A4

I need help on figuring out the offset, rim size, wheel type/style, how much I need to drop the car or if I even need to drop it at all, if I need to roll the fenders or if I don't, for my 2011 Audi A4 sedan FWD.

I have only changed the front grille rim on the car, replaced it with the titanium package front grille... Car is black with tinted windows (7%) and Im looking for mate black rims.
The look I'm going for is all black with the Audi emblem (rings) being the only aluminum part of the car1, I have a guy who has a machine shop who would machine the emblem for me when I get the rims and I get the hub size. I want the rim to fill the whole wheel space between the floor and the fender, right now (stock) there is a big gap between the top of the tire and the fender which I don't like at all. I would like to do the minimum amount of modifications to the car since I still have ~80K miles left on warranty.

My dilemmas:
1.- offset?
2.- roll fenders or not (I don't want the wheel to rub at all)
3.- how much to drop it? Coil overs, springs, suspension?

I got a style in mind which I found on eBay but I would like to see pictures of what people have done and the looks you have accomplished so I can finally make my decision.

Thanks in advance
Mig
Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mmiigg22
I need help on figuring out the offset, rim size, wheel type/style, how much I need to drop the car or if I even need to drop it at all, if I need to roll the fenders or if I don't, for my 2011 Audi A4 sedan FWD.

I have only changed the front grille rim on the car, replaced it with the titanium package front grille... Car is black with tinted windows (7%) and Im looking for mate black rims.
The look I'm going for is all black with the Audi emblem (rings) being the only aluminum part of the car1, I have a guy who has a machine shop who would machine the emblem for me when I get the rims and I get the hub size. I want the rim to fill the whole wheel space between the floor and the fender, right now (stock) there is a big gap between the top of the tire and the fender which I don't like at all. I would like to do the minimum amount of modifications to the car since I still have ~80K miles left on warranty.

My dilemmas:
1.- offset?
2.- roll fenders or not (I don't want the wheel to rub at all)
3.- how much to drop it? Coil overs, springs, suspension?

I got a style in mind which I found on eBay but I would like to see pictures of what people have done and the looks you have accomplished so I can finally make my decision.

Thanks in advance
Mig
Take one of the wheels off.The exact offset is stamped on the wheel.If you have 18's I believe your offset is 43.-The 18s are 18 x 8.I have 18 x 8.5 aftermarket wheels with 245/40 and 35offset.

You can go 19s with 255/35s.Off set 45 you should be ok.But if you dont have sport springs the car will show a gap.Not too nice.
Depending where you live,potholes,I would go with 18 x 8.5 with a 35 off set and you wont have any issues.I did a lot of research among the members before I made the changes.Good luck

Last edited by ernestolopez; 07-15-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: number
Old 07-15-2012, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ernestolopez
Take one of the wheels off.The exact offset is stamped on the wheel.If you have 18's I believe your offset is 43.-The 18s are 18 x 8.I have 18 x 8.5 aftermarket wheels with 245/40 and 35offset.

You can go 19s with 255/35s.Off set 45 you should be ok.But if you dont have sport springs the car will show a gap.Not too nice.
Depending where you live,potholes,I would go with 18 x 8.5 with a 35 off set and you wont have any issues.I did a lot of research among the members before I made the changes.Good luck
I currently have 17's but I have found a set that I really like online and they are 19 X 8" front & rear
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 112, Offset: 45 mm front & rear, Center Bore: 66.6, Weight: 26 lbs each.
I have several doubts:
** I have no idea if these will work for the look I'm trying to go with... I do not want the wheel sticking out on the sides of the chassis (fender area) pretty much I want them flushed witht he fender.

** I have no idea how much I need to drop it or what kind of sport springs I need to get?

** Do I need spacers ?

Thanks again,
Mig
Old 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

- You will have plenty of room with those specs.

- Most people tend to go with H&R OE springs

- Spacers are used to bring the wheel more out toward the fender for a more aggressive looks. You could add some 10-15mm spacers to the wheels you're planning to get but it's not necessary.

My suggestion is to find an A4 with the same wheels you're about to purchase if possible.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
- You will have plenty of room with those specs.

- Most people tend to go with H&R OE springs

- Spacers are used to bring the wheel more out toward the fender for a more aggressive looks. You could add some 10-15mm spacers to the wheels you're planning to get but it's not necessary.

My suggestion is to find an A4 with the same wheels you're about to purchase if possible.

If i don't add spacers would the wheels be flushed with the chassis of the car (edge of fender)

The rims I want are the 19" LAMBO Nera Style*(VIA JWL certified)

Thanks in advance for the help