A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New A4 owner here. Warranty type question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New A4 owner here. Warranty type question!

Hey guys. I just bought a 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Premium. 30k miles. Previous car was an 08 Civic SI. This car was a lease that the previous owner traded in.

I pick up my new car tomorrow. I'm going to ask the dealership, but i thought someone on here may know too.

There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the car, but the dealer told me that it has a bumper to bumper factory warranty for the next 3 months. So if i pick it up tomorrow, does that mean i can bring it to any Audi dealership, and can i tell them to check the car from top to bottom and fix anything that needs to be fixed? Is that how it works?

Thank you guys in advance for your answers, i really appreciate it!
Old 04-19-2015, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car came with an original warranty of 4 years/50000 miles - whichever comes first - from the date the car first went into service. You have some of that warranty remaining, but you need to find out how much. If you are not buying the car from an Audi dealer, I would strongly recommend that before you pick it up you take it to an Audi dealer and have it looked at along with having them pull the warranty repair history from the computer. If your seller objects, then I would not buy the car.
Since you are probably a new Audi owner, just know that these can be great cars that will give you many miles of fun, but they can also have issues that are very expensive to fix.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopCityzZ
Hey guys. I just bought a 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Premium. 30k miles. Previous car was an 08 Civic SI. This car was a lease that the previous owner traded in.

I pick up my new car tomorrow. I'm going to ask the dealership, but i thought someone on here may know too.

There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the car, but the dealer told me that it has a bumper to bumper factory warranty for the next 3 months. So if i pick it up tomorrow, does that mean i can bring it to any Audi dealership, and can i tell them to check the car from top to bottom and fix anything that needs to be fixed? Is that how it works?

Thank you guys in advance for your answers, i really appreciate it!
You have factory warranty and that's all. So you will run out in a few months if that. You can take the car to an Audi dealer if you did not buy from one and see if they can give you service history but unless it has a factory recall still open anything they do you will have to pay for. You now have purchased the car "as is " so enjoy it and good luck.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Note thst the OEM factory warranty is 50K mile or 48 months, whichever comes first. So as prev stated, even though the car only has 30k miles, the 4 years may be soon be up (or already is). Also, while the Audi manf. warranty will cover most electrical/mechanical defects, it is not "bumper-to-bumper".
A non-Audi dealer may offer that 3 month "bumper-to-bumper" warranty you mentioned but it should be in writing and that dealer would be responsible for any repairs.