A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Question before I buy an Audi A4 S Line

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question before I buy an Audi A4 S Line

Hi Audiworld!

New to the community, I currently drive an older A4 and I am looking to get a used 2014 A4 S Line that is fully loaded with Nav, Sound/Audio, the premium 8 spoke rims/run flats and a manual transmission (deal breaker if its an automatic). The car has low miles, under 20,000 with one owner who leased the car and bought out the rest of the contract because of relocation over seas.

The car has a Stasis Catback Exhaust system and a APR Intake. Only mods, nothing else. First question, will either of these void the warranty? Of course the aftermarket parts aren't, but I mean what Audi normally covers. I believe that the Stasis Audi partnership is no longer.

Second question, is it worth it to get an extended warranty through someone else if it will void my dealer warranty?

Third, the car was a lease, and then the Audi Dealer sold it to a non-audi dealer, but a high end luxury car dealer at auction. The mods had to have been installed during the lease, correct? My understanding was leases couldn't have these aftermarket parts so I am a little confused on that part of the history.

Finally, would love to hear thoughts about it? I think its a great value at 30k with low miles and packages. Drove it, runs really well and in excellent condition with regular servicing as frequently as the the Audi Maintenance schedule. Thanks in advanced for the help!
Old 05-14-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Why not take the car to the dealer you'd have it serviced and have them look it over. Have them render the opinon of the warranty, and put it in writing.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Nalod. Those *shouldn't* be warranty breaking mods. But the dealership did sell off the car at auction, which means they didn't want to resell it.

It sounds like a good deal, though. As a generality I'd think anyone who was into modding their cars with exhaust and carbino intakes probably also took good care of the car.