A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Another great review of the A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Another great review of the A4

Actually compares it to an A8 for less money, although I would still say an A6...

2017 Audi A4 Review - AutoGuide.com News
Old 09-28-2016, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Actually compares it to an A8 for less money, although I would still say an A6...

2017 Audi A4 Review - AutoGuide.com News
Well written article.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Consumer Reports also recently rated it tops in it's class. Quite impressive and something I didn't expect with this redesign.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The article was actually written in September of 2015, NOT 2016! So...old news.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Consumer Reports also recently rated it tops in it's class. Quite impressive and something I didn't expect with this redesign.
Yep, good to see. There were 2 things they didn't like: they said even after a while they never got used to the gearshift operation, and they thought the LED headlights did a poor job on low beam. I haven't observed those issues but I mostly drive in the city where headlights are to be seen rather than see.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc VanHeyningen
Yep, good to see. There were 2 things they didn't like: they said even after a while they never got used to the gearshift operation, and they thought the LED headlights did a poor job on low beam. I haven't observed those issues but I mostly drive in the city where headlights are to be seen rather than see.

I don't love the park button on the shifter. I find it frustrating to use. However, I do like how I can rest my hand on it and use the MMI wheel.

I love love love the LED headlights. One of my favorite parts of my car.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone know what happens if you hit the Park button while driving? Does it just ignore it, put the car in neutral, or something else?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by unashamedgeek
Anyone know what happens if you hit the Park button while driving? Does it just ignore it, put the car in neutral, or something else?
Anyone got a loaner car they can try this on? I was always wondering what would happen if a car is thrown in reverse while driving or if there are safety features in place for stupid people. Also what happens if the start stop button is pressed while driving too.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My BMW (traded it for the A4 ) had a similar electronic shifter and pressing park while moving did not slam the car in park. It just beeps at you and puts a graphic on the display. Pressing the Start button once won't do anything in the BMW, but holding it for three seconds or rapidly pressing it three times in a row will turn off the engine. The car will obviously lose power and its steering becomes unassisted. While coasting, a press of the Start button will immediately turn on the car.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The new A4 is the best car in its class with all the standard features and the A6 2.0 Engine, The car is fast, quite and very reliable. P button is nice and if you aren't used to an electronic shifter you will get used to it.
Enjoy your A4 if you have one.

Quick Reply: Another great review of the A4