A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Anyone else impatiently waiting on B9 Allroad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Orders can be placed. We have placed one so far and the build week is 32 so it looks like we will have them for the Fall.
How come? I mean, how do you price it for order purposes ? For example, I would love to have the 19" wheels, but the current order guide does not have any wheels model/size.

This is excellent news... thanks for letting us know.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
What color are you considering?
That's a good question. I just walked the local audi lot trying to figure that out. I am not a huge fan of the contrasting colors so I was thinking about Manhattan grey with full body paint. I also like moonlight blue but thats not available in full paint.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

How come? I mean, how do you price it for order purposes ? For example, I would love to have the 19" wheels, but the current order guide does not have any wheels model/size.

This is excellent news... thanks for letting us know.
We just negotiate it as X% off of whatever the MSRP turns out to be,
Old 07-09-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by perlfather
Anybody hear any news about an A6 Avant based Allroad for the US?
Unfortunately, wagons just don't sell well in the U.S. I was glad to see Audi bringing the B9 Allroad here. Sales of the current gen are down to just a little over 100 per month (134) and through June 837/-37%. I hope the B9 revives sales a bit.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most buyers want SUV's rather than wagons, and the manufacturers are not only happy to oblige, they also spend their advertising $$ on the SUV's.

The wagons are therefore sold mostly to die-hard wagon fans - those people who understand you needn't give up driving performance for utility; you can have them both in the same package.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
We just negotiate it as X% off of whatever the MSRP turns out to be,
Just out of curiosity, what was the X for the b9 allroad. I'd love to jump the line and get one on order too if my dealership will be willing to do something similar
Old 07-09-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by roger_1
Most buyers want SUV's rather than wagons, and the manufacturers are not only happy to oblige, they also spend their advertising $$ on the SUV's.

The wagons are therefore sold mostly to die-hard wagon fans - those people who understand you needn't give up driving performance for utility; you can have them both in the same package.
That and the sense of security that comes with a big tank...err car, don't you think?
Old 07-09-2016, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That and the sense of security that comes with a big tank...err car, don't you think?
Yes, that may be part of it, though, for many, I think it's more a case of "hey, I, too am fashionable/cool/hip ; I've got an SUV!"

For me, there's an element of safety in superior handling of a car (vs an SUV) which more than offsets the 'security of a tank'. But, I realize my 'view' (so to speak) is not shared by the majority.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

My wait is over... or to be precise, it's just started. Placed an order today for a 2017 Allroad with everything they have and more ;-)...
Old 07-09-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

One of the most important purchase reasons for an SUV is the high seating position.

Quick Reply: Anyone else impatiently waiting on B9 Allroad?