A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Anyone get the carbon fiber spioler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get the carbon fiber spioler?

So I got my glacier white this weekend, so now I'm looking at adding some minor touches. Will get my tinting this weekend, but also looking at the carbon fiber spoiler. Did anyone get this factory/port installed or installed post delivery? I don't want anything that stands out too much or looks cheap. I just want some minor touches that improves the overall look a bit. Thoughts? I'd like to install it myself, but don't want to mess anything up.

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__A4...71641A3Q0.html

I'm sure there are some aftermarket ones that are cheaper.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a glacier white first edition, and I do think it would look great with glacier white. If I was going to get the spoiler, I'd also get the matching mirror caps. I'm thinking it's something I may possibly get later on if I decide to buy the car after my lease.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OhSee Dee
So I got my glacier white this weekend, so now I'm looking at adding some minor touches. Will get my tinting this weekend, but also looking at the carbon fiber spoiler. Did anyone get this factory/port installed or installed post delivery? I don't want anything that stands out too much or looks cheap. I just want some minor touches that improves the overall look a bit. Thoughts? I'd like to install it myself, but don't want to mess anything up.

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__A4...71641A3Q0.html

I'm sure there are some aftermarket ones that are cheaper.
I did but ended up returning it. I didn't like the look of it.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by steelersmb@gmail.com
I did but ended up returning it. I didn't like the look of it.
Was it an aftermarket spoiler or the OEM? Also, what did you like about it?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My car came with the spoiler installed. Love it! I wouldn't worry about the install, Its just double sided tape and if its like the OEM CF spoiler i installed on my B7 its easy to lift up a small corner of the tape, place the spoiler and then remove the rest of the tape while its is held in position. It would look awesome on white IMO Matching mirror caps would be cool too.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oripaamoni
My car came with the spoiler installed. Love it! I wouldn't worry about the install, Its just double sided tape and if its like the OEM CF spoiler i installed on my B7 its easy to lift up a small corner of the tape, place the spoiler and then remove the rest of the tape while its is held in position. It would look awesome on white IMO Matching mirror caps would be cool too.
Can you post a couple of pictures of the spoiler from different angles? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by oripaamoni
Cool. I ended up ordering the spoiler last week. It should arrive tomorrow. I didn't get the matching mirror caps, but I'm thinking about it. Do you have a few pictures you could share of both spoiler and mirror caps?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eric5273
Can you post a couple of pictures of the spoiler from different angles? Thanks!
Only have one crappy iPhone pic at the moment. I will snap some more when I get back in town.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone get the carbon fiber spioler?-image.jpg  
Old 08-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got my spoiler today. Unfortunately there was no 3M tape on the spoiler or in the box, but a tube of 3m sealer was included. No instructions either, so I'm on my own to figure it out. There does appear to be some markings on where I need to put the tape and where I need to put the sealer. I'll have to make a trip to home depot for the tape and attempt the install tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Post pictures after you install. I'm very curious to see what it looks like on a Glacier White A4.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the carbon fiber spioler?