A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Buzz noise from B&O speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetail
Good to know! I have this same issue. It only seems to happen during certain parts of certain songs (I know, real specific there) but it always happens during those parts. It's not a blown speaker, and it certainly seems like resonance. I haven't been able to pinpoint what speaker it's coming from, but I'll check out the center speaker grill and have the dealer take a look at it when I take it in for recall service.
Yup. Sounds like resonance if you hear it only at certain frequencies.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad I found this forum, I'm having the exact same issue with my B9 A4!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Yup. Sounds like resonance if you hear it only at certain frequencies.
I have that happen at times. Usually listening to BBC World on Sirius Radio or certain songs with piano in them will trigger some sort of resonance in one of the front speakers. Drives me crazy, but not sure what you can do about it short of convincing the dealer you're not crazy and being able to replicate it while there.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by yareally
I have that happen at times. Usually listening to BBC World on Sirius Radio or certain songs with piano in them will trigger some sort of resonance in one of the front speakers. Drives me crazy, but not sure what you can do about it short of convincing the dealer you're not crazy and being able to replicate it while there.
If you remember which song it is, download it from YouTube and try playing it via Bluetooth or USB and see? If it still happens, you have proof to show the dealers.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
If you remember which song it is, download it from YouTube and try playing it via Bluetooth or USB and see? If it still happens, you have proof to show the dealers.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2jE1LgM37n0Os6FTZFytxT

It's most obvious in the piano parts. Maybe a bit more so on spotify because youtube compresses sound to hell.

Any sort of piano heavy music does it pretty consistent, especially if it's heavy on the middle to lower octaves. Hits a certain frequency and the speakers or the plastic rattles like crazy.

Last edited by yareally; 02-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just turned in my Audi to the dealership for this exact problem. I pinpointed the speakers down to the main Center Channel, and the Lower two mid-bass drivers for the front doors. I'm assuming that it may be either loose components, or a problem with improper fitment/bad insulation.

The Shop foreman has been helping me with a few issues on the car, and is tackling this problem so I'll keep you guys posted on an update.

The conditions that did it for me was a song called 'Rhubarb' - (Artist) Aphex Twin. The volume needs to be up to at least half way or louder to really capture the speaker travel vibrations.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same issue, and the dealer put some felt tape around the center speaker grill.

I didn't notice the issue anymore until I got close to home from the dealer (an hour away), and the buzz is still there for some songs ... Does anyone know if the center speaker grill removal is straight forward or not? I'd like to add more felt tape myself.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm having this problem with my front, driver's side dashboard speaker (B&O). I was in for service and the guy said he couldn't get it to do it. Asked me to make a video of it doing it and he'll order the speaker for me.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As an update, the center channel was fixed. At least from what I can tell.

The also found a speaker that needed to be replaced (sounded like it was one of the surround speakers in the A-pillar, but they never pointed out which one. Could have been an unrelated issue.

The door speakers are still giving me grief. I even tried recording the problem that I'm having with the passenger side front woofer, and the iPhone mic was picking up all kinds of other cabin noise and amplifying it. rendered the videos I took useless.

My only hope now is that the dealership can somehow reproduce the issue. The right speakers seems to be producing some soft of static. It's weird because it happens with the MMI turned on or off. Volume up or down. It almost sounds like a bad grounding wire, because the noise isn't the normal buzzing I was having before the initial fix.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My B&Os are perfect. And the bass when I play the song Starboy is INSANE!!!! I simply love the rumble. Like wow!!!! Plus the surround effect makes it sound so frikkin good!!!

Quick Reply: Buzz noise from B&O speakers